Remember APPLE STREET?

my mum lived at no20 in 1931 when she married my dad, she talked a lot about Apple St but i never heard the names Seare or Cloney,1875 was 36 years before my mum was born so they may have moved by then. i too have a print from the library and it does look pretty grim

my mum lived at no20 in 1931 when she married my dad, she talked a lot about Apple St but i never heard the names Seare or Cloney,1875 was 36 years before my mum was born so they may have moved by then. i too have a print from the library and it does look pretty grim

Aye I was a bit suprised when I saw the print as I thought they'd have had a bit of cash with them owning a China and glass shop. It looked very harsh. Charlotte died at that address but her husband John Searle died a couple of years later at Neville Street anyone know where that was?

i think neville st was off rock street at pitsmoor that would be just up the road from apple street which was off harvest lane

Cool, looks like lots of my Grandad's descendants were born and stayed round Neepsend.

Hello,

I am researching my husband's family tree and Henry Richardson lived in Apple street and was a Hawker earthenware per 1901 census and lived with Annie Richardson originally a Brennan. I have been trying to find his birth with no joy. Per marriage certificate Henry was born about 1880. 10 years on in the census Henry was 27 yrs old! I wonder if George and Henry were related. Are you able to help at all as at the moment I am at a dead end?

Well no joy on tracing the family yet. And no responses! Keep hoping I will get somwhere soon. Loved looking at the old pictures. Makes me appreciate how lucky we are now.

my nan was born on apple street and the yard she live in was pheasant yard no 19 bless she passed away late 2010 aged 95 ive got pictures of both apple street and peasant yard

my nan was born on apple street and the yard she live in was pheasant yard no 19 bless she passed away late 2010 aged 95 ive got pictures of both apple street and peasant yard she was (esther markham)

my nan was born on apple street and the yard she live in was pheasant yard no 19 bless she passed away late 2010 aged 95 ive got pictures of both apple street and peasant yard she was (esther markham)

love to see the pheasant photo's you have..:D

The Gray familly lived for many years on Apple Street certainly throughte census' of 1891-1911

Number 1 Apple Street

Cheers

you should look on the website "picture sheffield" shows apple street,it shows pictures of the pheasant yard,amazing it looks like something out of a charles dickens story, mymum lived at number 11 and my dad lived at number 20 when they married in 1931

My dad lived at number 11 too but I'm talking in 1901.

I have a connection with Apple Street too, my 3x Great Gran lived at Court 8 in 1875 and was her address given on her death certificate.

She was Charlotte Searle nee Cloney, her husband was John Searle and they had a China and glass shop on Parkwood Road, numerous children too.

I've ordered a print of Apple St from the Library it looks a pretty desperate place, is there any description of the area?

Did John have a brother or relative called Walter? I have a relative called Maggie Cornthwaite Guy who married a Walter Searle .

The Guy family lived at number 13 Apple Street does anyone know of them?