'Affinity' has changed ownership

Affinity is closing but it has already been snapped up, been told its going to be more "upmarket gayfriendly" no drag queens! something that you all have - we most have been wanting, something that actually fits the venue. Watch this space......

Ah well, there's always Dempseys. Like the song says, it is what it is, but I quite like it.

Affinity is closing but it has already been snapped up, been told its going to be more "upmarket gayfriendly" no drag queens! something that you all have - we most have been wanting, something that actually fits the venue. Watch this space......

this is good news. i only got chance to get in there once, it was lovely decor and nice venue, fantastic location too, and perfect street for a gay area (Campo lane- come on) with other units coming up all the time. Plus the potential to tap the legal eagles for a faffy dear lunch to subsideise our nightlife.

But i think that it was a bit wriong having drag in there, and it was being pumped ful of dry ice smoke too which didnt fit.

We could do with a city centre drag bar, it would be somewhere to attract those that like that sort of thing the gay crowd but also the hen parties and mixed crowds, fun and follicks sort of thing. But not classy treny bar/ drag cabaret combo. No.

I'm gutted it's going, hope its tru that its been snapped up.

what have you lot got against drag queens?

but then as soon as the novilty weas off you will all be moaning about the place! I do believe this was the case when Lions liar first opened and then Affinity the first time, get a grip and get out there and support all the places in Sheffield and stop moaning about them all the time, you love them, then as soon as you have been there 5 times its boring and you hate it........................

I stopped going due to the Steps, S-Club etc they constantly played.

Oh, and there was a really bad drag 'act'.

and i suppose you will stop going to it when it is boring and there is no entertainment?.............and it gets boring, or the bar staff are not nice to you, or they still have plastic glasses...........................the list is endless

I don't go to pubs to be entertained. Well only by the people I am with.

Not really interessted in the bar staff as long as I get a drink. Plastic glasses are not really a big deal for me either. Yes I would prefer a glass, but I'm not going to cry about it.

All i am saying is that everyone goes "yeah a new place" then 3 weeks after complain about it and never go again, thats why everything closes

yes everybody does get a bit giddy about new places opening. But there must be something wrong if they all stop going?

Matilda Tavern- busy for a bit then shut

Manhattan- Busy for a bit (when it reopened years ago) now shut

Bar opposite Currys (top of the moor) now a rock bar- busy for a bit then shut

FAB- busy for a bit- now shut

Fuel (Red Room and old Purple) busy for a bit now shutting and shut

Affinity- busy for a bit- shutting

Princess Street (cant remember name, Alan and Angels old club in town)- busy for a bit- now shut

Lions Lair- busy on opening weekend (dead when i went in on Saturday)- cant think James will extend his time there longer than 3 months!

Nights they had in National Centre for Popular Music and City Hall- Shut

Pussy Cats- didnt even bother

You forgot The Cossack, busy and popular for years, now demolished.

I went to Affinity a couple of times, it was ok, like the Lions Lair is Ok. I've never understood this "you are gay therfore you cn ONLY drink in gay pubs" mentality though.

yes everybody does get a bit giddy about new places opening. But there must be something wrong if they all stop going?

what every single one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you thought they would have learnt by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!