'Affinity' has changed ownership

Welll ......... I can vouch that Tyranna and Myself were the main entertainment in there on Wed night after Sensoria ;-)

tyranna is not even employed by affinity. he is there merely as a volunteer to collect glasses. he is in receipt of benefits from the government, and i for one, as a taxpayer, would be disgusted to hear that he was receiving money and not declaring it.

as for the usual dj on tuesday - he has left to concentrate on other projects - and everyone wishes him well for the future. james marriott from rother fm however, has been all too quick to jump in as a replacement.

Why don't you get your facts right funkerman1 - we were "entertaining" the clients in the context of strutitng our stuff on the small dance floor (being the only ones dancing) - Tyranna was not singing or miming on that night .... I think your accusations could be construed as vaguely libellous also - you should not proffer your opinion when you dont know the facts - anyway Dan is an accomplished and entertaining performer when he does perform for free so jealousy will get you nowhere !

tyranna is not even employed by affinity. he is there merely as a volunteer to collect glasses. he is in receipt of benefits from the government, and i for one, as a taxpayer, would be disgusted to hear that he was receiving money and not declaring it.

as for the usual dj on tuesday - he has left to concentrate on other projects - and everyone wishes him well for the future. james marriott from rother fm however, has been all too quick to jump in as a replacement.

Bear in mind you have to declare ANY work - paid or unpaid.

Mod note:

Ok folks - let's move away from discussing Tryanna's career and/or impromptu performances and back onto discussing the change of Management at Affinity.

Wow wasnt it packed last night - mainly men. Pity you missed it Spider Pete.

It was a lively night by all accounts - lots of ructions and shennanigans ;-)

*sigh* I wish I could afford a social life :(

I think I need to get out more :(

Mod note:

Ok folks - let's move away from discussing Tryanna's career and/or impromptu performances and back onto discussing the change of Management at Affinity.

Ok, however, before moving on: Affinity porters force people to finish their drink out of the range provided by law. I myself was there with 5 witness and we check that they do this. As it uses to be in Sheffield Gay scene, they do not care about costumers, and think costumers are in function of the club/pub. Well, guess what we will do: avoiding that place, definitely.

Ok, however, before moving on: Affinity porters force people to finish their drink out of the range provided by law. I myself was there with 5 witness and we check that they do this. As it uses to be in Sheffield Gay scene, they do not care about costumers, and think costumers are in function of the club/pub. Well, guess what we will do: avoiding that place, definitely.
Is it just me, or does no one else understand that :huh:

Is it just me, or does no one else understand that :huh:

Nope I'm with you Ghosty, it makes no sense to me either.

I think he's trying to say that the bouncers don't give long enough to drink up at the end of the night. Which is stupid because venues aren't lawfully obliged to give punters a set time to drink up.

Which is stupid because venues aren't lawfully obliged to give punters a set time to drink up.

Dependent on the licencing time you usually have 15 minutes for last call and then another 15 minutes to 'drink up'.