St Pauls Granville Rd

When I was at D.L.S. we were bussed by Law Brothers to Beauchief for cross country and football.

We were also bussed up to Beauchief Hall from Scott Road but depending on your options you either got off the bus at Ponds Forge to Swim, The Silver Blades to Skate or stay on the bus after Beauchief Hall up to Bradway to golf.

Still couldn't avoid Gym with Cap't Wall though

That was from 1971-1974

We were also bussed up to Beauchief Hall from Scott Road but depending on your options you either got off the bus at Ponds Forge to Swim, The Silver Blades to Skate or stay on the bus after Beauchief Hall up to Bradway to golf.

Still couldn't avoid Gym with Cap't Wall though

That was from 1971-1974

Or in my case get dropped of at the station by a friendly driver, buy a platform ticket for fourpence and sneak on to either Donny or York to see more locos.:hihi:

Happy Days.

St Pauls Granville Rd.

1) Does anyone remember the Park (spelling) Brothers who attended this school? These 2 lads were I believe Portuguese although they looked slightly Oriental. It’s possible one or both their parents originated from a Portuguese colony. I often saw these lads gerrin off the Nr. 30 bus A Gleadless Townend in the late 60’s. They lived on the Charnock Estate and left St Pauls late 60’s, early 70’s approx.

2) Can anybody remember the rhyme referring to this school? I can only remember the beginning of it.

As I was going past St Pauls

A woman grabbed me by the bal-s ..... Arm.

A dirty great bulldog bit my B"""S

Off to the hospital I did go

Then it gets too filthy to publish on here.:gag::gag::hihi:

St Pauls Granville Rd.

1) Does anyone remember the Park (spelling) Brothers who attended this school? These 2 lads were I believe Portuguese although they looked slightly Oriental. It’s possible one or both their parents originated from a Portuguese colony. I often saw these lads gerrin off the Nr. 30 bus A Gleadless Townend in the late 60’s. They lived on the Charnock Estate and left St Pauls late 60’s, early 70’s approx.

I remember the Parkes brothers in a different context to St Paul's though. They were John and Tony. John being the elder by a year. Their dad was British and mum was actually German although her ethnic origin may have been different. They had a sister who may have been called Teresa but I can't remember that with anything like certainty. I do remember her working in the restaurant at the Beauchief Hotel in the early/mid seventies. I had heard that certainly Tony and possibly John had emigrated to Australia in the early seventies. Tony was employed at Hepworths tailors on Fargate in about 1971 and I have an even vaguer memory of the family moving to the Retford Road area after Charnock, or it may be that they moved from there to Charnock.

Very mixed memories of St Paul's. Left in 1968, few names Anthony Russell-Ward , Angela Maguire, Guissipina Romano, Margaret Jarvis( had a younger brother David) Karen Brown, Jane Page, ( cousin Josie Toole) Gillian Head, Linda Martin, could go on and on. My hero Mr Tom Kelly Dept head when I went there.

Tom kelly took us for english, a few names I can remember, john grant, anthony redhead, john sabucci, the dawsons, the wolfes, a few italian lads whos names escape me at the moment.

Walking down granville road alongside that huge wall down round the bottom corner where the policeman always stood and crossing farm road to the bus stop.

Tom kelly took us for english, a few names I can remember, john grant, anthony redhead, john sabucci, the dawsons, the wolfes, a few italian lads whos names escape me at the moment.

Walking down granville road alongside that huge wall down round the bottom corner where the policeman always stood and crossing farm road to the bus stop.

Tom Kelly was my form teacher in the 5th form. I thought he always taught Maths, my time there was 1962-68. I remember John Grant, I was at primary school with him as well. Someone mentioned Paul Perrozi, (great footie player) his mates were Phil Allen, Dave Westnidge, Bob Illingworth.

I think Anthony Redhead had a sister called Pamela who was in our class. I also remember an Eddie Sabucci. The Dawsons and The Wolfes together with the Taylor's and The Bashforths all came from Wybourn and all went to St Oswalds before St Paul's as did The Manfredi's from City Road

I was in the same class as all the ones you mentioned, the taylors moved on to the valley, tony bashforth was very artistic, knocked about with john manfredi quite a lot.

Hi

Saw your post and like Mr. Ogden I was there on the first day it opened. It was a great school.

The first teacher I had there was Mr Rigby who later married Miss O'Hara. For the rest of the time I was in Mr Kelly's class. I remember Mr Harrison also known as "Jim".

I can remember most of the people you have mentioned in other posts. The group I was with was Angela Maguire,Anna Maria Carretto and Christine Milton who later went on to marry to marry Dermot Ryan.

We were in the drama club and put on afew plays on the stage at the back of the hall.

The partition at the front pulled back and the hall was changed into a chapel so Father Sullivan could say Mass.

Lots of memories have come back. HAPPY DAYS.

I was also there the 1st day it opened. My form teacher was Miss O'Hara 1st yr. Mr Harrison 2nd yr (can't remember that we called him Jim thought it was always Harry) Mr Grffithis 3rd yr. Mrs Henstock 4th yr and then save the best for last Mr. Kelly 5th yr.