St Pauls Granville Rd

Hi

Yes, you are right about him being called Harry not Jim. Don't know where I got that name from.Put it down to getting old!!

Hi

Saw your post and like Mr. Ogden I was there on the first day it opened. It was a great school.

The first teacher I had there was Mr Rigby who later married Miss O'Hara. For the rest of the time I was in Mr Kelly's class. I remember Mr Harrison also known as "Jim".

I can remember most of the people you have mentioned in other posts. The group I was with was Angela Maguire,Anna Maria Carretto and Christine Milton who later went on to marry to marry Dermot Ryan.

We were in the drama club and put on afew plays on the stage at the back of the hall.

The partition at the front pulled back and the hall was changed into a chapel so Father Sullivan could say Mass.

Lots of memories have come back. HAPPY DAYS.

I wonder if Dermot and Christine are still together, meeting so young. Do you remember Gillian Head. Linda Martin, Margaret Jarvis?

No, Christine and Dermot seperated years ago. Linda Martin, Gillian Head and Margaret Jarvis used to be in the same class as me.

I always remember Linda Martin was brilliant at art.

I was in that class too. Great days. My last year was the best. Who are you?

---------- Post added 20-03-2015 at 17:14 ----------

No, Christine and Dermot seperated years ago. Linda Martin, Gillian Head and Margaret Jarvis used to be in the same class as me.

I always remember Linda Martin was brilliant at art.

Sorry Cashmere the last post was for you (as you said old age)

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to organise a birthday party for my mum for her 70th birthday in May. She went to St Paul's and I think left in around 1964 aged 15. ?

Her name is Tania and then her surname was Theophilus

Although she might have gone by Wright like her siblings. She had one sibling in the year below her called Corrine. I wondered if anyone remembered her?

---------- Post added 01-03-2018 at 23:19 ----------

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to organise a birthday party for my mum for her 70th birthday in May. She went to St Paul's and I think left in around 1964 aged 15. ?

Her name is Tania and then her surname was Theophilus

Although she might have gone by Wright like her siblings. She had one sibling in the year below her called Corrine. I wondered if anyone remembered her?

Any body Left that was at St Pauls when first opened ?  

Bit of A Bash @ The White Hart S3 7JS 184 St Philips Road For all ex pupils From St Pauls From when it first opened ON 20th July From 3pm Onwards Just to see who is left   

I went to St Paul’s from the day it opened I was there with mum two days before because she was a friend of sister Cecelia and a nun that was helping get the school ready called sister Lucy. I remember Mr Fitzpatrick Mr O Routke Mr Murphy Mr Kelly and Mr Hawkesworth as well as Miss Mattley Mrs McKenna Sister St. John and Mr Wilson. My maiden name is Elaine Platts.  I remember the following pupils Imma Keatley  Josie Wragg Pat Thorpe Marie Kelly Mary Douglas Maureen Healy Patrick Maloney Graham Leaper John Bamford Elaine Creaser Joan Grey Margaret Doran and I think she had an older sister there were some Italian boys as well one was called Guiseppe but I can’t remember his surname and lastly Beverley Bridge. I loved my school years at St Paul’s. I wonder is the statue of our lady still in the grounds with box of our names buried beneath it.

Hi yes I was there the day it opened. Happy memories,  Not so the travelling to get  there. We didn’t have a car, so catching a bus at 7-30am and rushing down Granville rd to get the bus home. Looking at the names you mentioned Patrick Maloney and Margaret Doran, I think you could be a year or two older than me. Patrick definitely was, as Mary his sister was a year younger than me. Think Patrick was the landlord at the White Heart, on or near Solly street. Not sure of the area now, not lived in Sheffield for forty years. Mary became a nurse. 

Hi All. I taught at St Pauls from 1972 for 30 years. In 1978 it became All Saints and that's how it appeared on Friends Reunited. A few years ago a FaceBook site called All Saints Alumni was started and now has 2 200+ members going right back to 1962.  In the nineties I held several reunions at the school for people who attended in the 60s and 70s. Gillian Head, Lynda Martin , Margaret Jarvis and many others attended. You are all welcome to join All Saints Alumni.  Attached are the staff of 1964.

staff c 1964-Enhanced.jpg