St Pauls Granville Rd

He taught Current Affairs. Anyone remember Mrs.Galota, Engish,my aunty, dead now or Mr. Rourke, Geography my brother in law, still well and living in Spain?

I think I remember Mr Rourke, I definitely remember Mr Rigby, and his wife she was our gym teacher before they married

They called Mrs Rigby Miss O Hara

He taught Current Affairs. Anyone remember Mrs.Galota, Engish,my aunty, dead now or Mr. Rourke, Geography my brother in law, still well and living in Spain?

Hi I remember Mrs Galota, she was the form teacher for the lower class in the

1st. year. Lovely lady, though quite handy with the slipper (wern't they all)

Also Mr Rourke, didnt have him for any subject.

They called Mrs Rigby Miss O Hara

Hi Mrs Ogden how are you ? Mr and Mrs Rigby Ah!! liked them both.Think they

lived somewhere in the same parish as me , used to see them at church

sometimes. Wonder if they are well ?

I can't remember ever having the slipper at St Pauls unlike St Vincents were the whole school was cained because one person talked in line

I can't remember ever having the slipper at St Pauls unlike St Vincents were the whole school was cained because one person talked in line

Was that by one of the lovely sisters of charity ? Miss Brown was very happy

at St. Joes' was happy to use what came to hand.

It was sister cecilia who was at that time head of St Vincents. Every child in the girls school was cained. My class teacher at that time was Mrs Day, she was so mad she left the class I don't know what happend

It was sister cecilia who was at that time head of St Vincents. Every child in the girls school was cained. My class teacher at that time was Mrs Day, she was so mad she left the class I don't know what happend

Perhaps she had a heart. I remember Miss Brown at St. Joes going down a line

of children waiting to go into class, we were making too much noise so she went along the line smacking legs.She was the J4 teacher and she also took needlework with the girls. This particular time we were making peg bags (wow) I'd done mine wrong. In a panic to unpick it, I cut a big hole in the material. I was having sleepless nights for a week, worrying about what she would say. The dreaded day dawned, and the work was handed out, I waited for my name to be called out , nothing happened. I opened my work, she had

darned the hole and it looked as good as new. That was one of the days Imelda Brown had a heart it didn't happen very often .

Yes it was tough in them day's but there was always a silver lining

I left in 1970, fitzpatrick was the head with his missus as science teacher, kelly was deputy head, harrison was maths, finnegan music, warren pe, hawksworth metalwork, staniforth was woodwork, salt was td,

paul.

Does anyone remember my aunts/uncles from this time....Ward is the surname

Shiela,Alan,Philip,Marie,Elizabeth