St Pauls Granville Rd

Hi, i didnt go to St Pauls myself but does anyone remember Father John Kinsella?

I wonder what happened to him and where he is these days?

Hi think Father Kinsella was after my time there

It was Father Sullivan when I was there

Hi Ogden is that your maiden name ? I was there the Same time as you !

I started year it opened but left 1968 . It was great everything was brand new.Think it was a bit of a trek for all as quite a few schools were closed

and everyone sent to St. Pauls. Do you remember Miss Mattli (domestic-

Science)or her married name Mrs Cassidy ?

Hi

My maiden name was Green, Ogden is my married name. Yes I remember Mrs Cassidy.

Hi

My maiden name was Green, Ogden is my married name. Yes I remember Mrs Cassidy.

Hi,my maiden name was Ross . Think you could have been in the year above

with Peter McHugh, Dermot Ryan and Mick Wade

I'm 60 next year in August just got in on that years intake, was trying to

catch up all the time.

Here's some names out of my year Christine Rushby, Angela McGuire, Gillian

Head,Anthony Russell-Ward, Bob Illingworth, Paul Perrozzi,to name a few!

Think its great to remember so many,Dont think I would recognise anyone now

left Sheffield when I was 24, then back to Dronfield when I was 28 for 3yrs.

Didnt have the oppourtunity of bumping into anyone over the yrs.

Have some happy memories of St.Pauls, and not so happy.Like everyone I suppose.Good to talk to you, hope you have great memories too.

Hi, i didnt go to St Pauls myself but does anyone remember Father John Kinsella?

I wonder what happened to him and where he is these days?

He was alledgedly sent back to Ireland for getting one of his lady parishoners pregnant. My son & daughter went to the School when it was All Saints and Fr Kinsella came to our house one evening and he fell asleep,we didnt know what to do but in the end we had to wake him at 11:30 P.M. and he didnt bat an eye,just bid us "goodnight" and he went without a word of apology.

He was alledgedly sent back to Ireland for getting one of his lady parishoners pregnant. My son & daughter went to the School when it was All Saints and Fr Kinsella came to our house one evening and he fell asleep,we didnt know what to do but in the end we had to wake him at 11:30 P.M. and he didnt bat an eye,just bid us "goodnight" and he went without a word of apology.

Lol, i know he loved a pint or three. He was always visiting people in hospital. Years ago he would take groups of lads hiking in Derbyshire. He did try to keep young people out of trouble and this seemed a big aim in his life. I did hear that he was now married but im not sure how true this is.

cant remember trips brain not too good.

cant remember trips brain not too good.

I actually went on a couple of these trips. The group would meet up at the midland station. I seem to recall we went to New Mills on the train and then walked so far back which was a full days walk.

Lol, i know he loved a pint or three. He was always visiting people in hospital. Years ago he would take groups of lads hiking in Derbyshire. He did try to keep young people out of trouble and this seemed a big aim in his life. I did hear that he was now married but im not sure how true this is.

Its probably true, heard plenty of rumours .He's just one of many that we know about (allegedly) Thought I'd better add that , lol.

I was there until 1964. Mr Kelly taught maths right up on the top floor. Mr Hawkesworth was the metal work teacher. There was a teacher called Le Bar who seemed to take an unusual delight in administering corporal punishment!!

I was there until 1964. Mr Kelly taught maths right up on the top floor. Mr Hawkesworth was the metal work teacher. There was a teacher called Le Bar who seemed to take an unusual delight in administering corporal punishment!!

Went there from 1962 - 68 dont remember anyone called Le Bar. Had Mr Kelly and Mr Harrison for Maths . My first year form teacher was Mrs Rigby, her husband taught science. Mrs Henstock English, Mrs Kirk Geography, Mr Knight History, Mrs Cassidy Domestic Science Sister St.John Needlework, to name but a few.