Sign in to follow this  

Burglary - please help!

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum. I live in Sheffield and I need some help.

10 months ago I was burgled while I was out. I came home to find the horror of what had happened. I live on my own so I was especially scared. The police came and were horrible, then the council eventually came to sort out my lock so I could lock the door.

Since then, for the last 10 months, I have been terrified. I have not left the house once in 10 months. I'm terrified that if I go out they'll come back. I have to be in here so that I'm ready for them and can call the police.

I've had extra locks fitted on my doors. I get my food delivered. I haven't seen my friends for 10 months though i speak to them on the phone. I can't let them come round because since the burglars were in they tainted my house and I feel invaded, so very invaded. I don't want anyone ever to be in my house again.

I just don't know what to do. Please help.

Emma

Guest costessey

heavy stuff

i was burgled a couple of years ago..but you can't let it stop your life....it sounds as though you need to see a doctor....unfortunately, its just bad luck...statistically it probably won't happen again, but thats no help....agree, the police are pretty useless

You can get support from victim support on 0114-275 8411. The world is not a bad place, but it feels like it when something like this happens to you.

Address: Victim Support Sheffield

69 Division St

Sheffield

S1 4GE

Tel: 0114 2758411

Brief description of aims: To relieve persons resident in the beneficial area who are in condititions of need, hardship and distress or sickness particularly those who are suffering or who have suffered as a result of crime

xxxxxxxxxxx

Emma_UK,

You need to move house and live somewhere where you can feel safe. My friend lives in a council flat in sheffield 17 where there is virtually no crime, she is on the second floor with a double door, both lock and a double lock on the outside one.

In addition to this, there is also a lock on the bottom door to the outside, for which all tennants have a key. If you could get somewhere like this to live, you would feel much safer.