Murder at Pitsmoor

Does anyone remember the murder of a young boy in the 1980's on either Roe Lane or Shirecliffe Lane? Just wondered if anyone remembers the incident as well as I do?

I remember it was shirecliffe lane.

it was 1986 I was at shirecliffe college at the time.

that's all I recall

Which one Plain Talker can you remember??

Try searching shirecliffe Lane, it was a good while back.

It was 1986 Paul, do you remember it? Where should I search in your expert opinion?! Ive already tried Google, but no joy.

It was 1986 Paul, do you remember it? Where should I search in your expert opinion?! Ive already tried Google, but no joy.

1986, was it really, wheres the time gone.

Lisalee, use the search engine on this forum.

Its on the left.

I remember it very well lisalee - The boy's name was Peter (I'm almost certain on that)and it was at the bottom of Shirecliffe Lane. I remember coming past on the bus (I live quite near) and seeing all the tape across the bottom of the road and police everywhere. I found out the morning after that it was infact Peter that had been murdered. I was about 16/17 at the time and he was around the same age - maybe a little younger.

I remember it very well lisalee - The boy's name was Peter (I'm almost certain on that)and it was at the bottom of Shirecliffe Lane. I remember coming past on the bus (I live quite near) and seeing all the tape across the bottom of the road and police everywhere. I found out the morning after that it was infact Peter that had been murdered. I was about 16/17 at the time and he was around the same age - maybe a little younger.

His name was Peter, but he was 12. He was a good friend of mine. His best friend was called Paul, Peter and Paul lol. Pauls second name was Atkinson I think.

Hi lisalee - I've just checked with my mum and apparently I was 14 when it happened so yes he would have been 12. Even though I knew him from Roe Lane, I actually knew him before that when I lived at Attercliffe. His mum had the hairdressers shop across the road from us and my mum and his mum were friends.

Lisalee, whats your motive for wanting to know about my Super Fantastic Great Mate Peter XXXXX.

No motive. We used to be great friends too :) How do you know him?

I remember Peter Spowage, we lived on the same road & went to school together. He past away in January 1986 aged 14, it was a real shame he had to go so young.