Swopping from PAYG to Monthly contract

Anyone know how this works on Orange.

Mrs Surfin now has a new job and she's a PAYG mobile to the extent its worth swopping to a contract.

Checking Orange website, unless I'm reading it wrong, she can go to a monthly contract but would have to have a new phone.

Same applies if she takes the Dolphin package on PAYG, it looks like you need to take a new phone.

Any advice/ experience welcome please.

Jim

Have you tried ringing Orange to see what they say?

Mod Request: Correct title spelling

Mod Request: Correct title spelling

Many thanks for your constructive post!:loopy:

It's a spelling mistake, live with it!:hihi:

Jim

You can buy sim only pay monthly contracts which are I believe around £15 / Month and have a 3 month minimum term.

02 this is with.

Nothing to do with Orange, but I got a Vodafone deal, it's like a semi-contract. I pay £30 per month, and get 1000 texts and 300 minutes free. I can cancel at any time, although it will take 30 days to do, which isn't bad. If I don't want to cancel, I just sit back and relax.

Erm, so yeh. :loopy:

Sorry, lack of kip causes me to type stuff that only partly resembles the OP. My bad.

You can buy sim only pay monthly contracts which are I believe around £15 / Month and have a 3 month minimum term.

02 this is with.

its only 30 days notice you need to give.

its only 30 days notice you need to give.

Ahh, I thought it might have been one month when I posted that, opted with the 3 months out of instinct.

And that is why i lost the pub quiz last night :)

I can sort you out with a SIM only mobile contract, you can keep your existing phone number and handset. There is no set up fee prices start from £11 a month.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks for your constructive post!:loopy:

It's a spelling mistake, live with it!:hihi:

Jim

The moderators of this forum have taken it upon themselves to alter whatever they see fit in the interests of other visitors, changing titles to make more sense, removing posts without warning or explanation etc..

I accept that as they are the appointed moderators; and this service is being provided for free.

However, iff (sic) they are going to do that, then they should take the opportunity to deal with titles such as these that are not typographical errors (typos), but blatant misspellings which proliferate.

Simple ones such as these could be wiped out in our generation if only people cared enough to point them out.

http://www.loseloose.com - my favourite example.

Wiping out mistakes? Our language is the way it is due to a constant evolution - it's only in the last couple of centuries that people seem to wish to constrain it with a set of rules. Language snobbery seems commonplace these days. I was looking for a quote by Stephen Fry where he made this very point and found it at http://rantamatt.blogspot.com/2005/11/stephen-fry-is-legend.html

I think that people who now seek to point out the grammatical errors of others are undermining the process by which the language they proclaim to love so much came into being.

Wiping out mistakes? Our language is the way it is due to a constant evolution - it's only in the last couple of centuries that people seem to wish to constrain it with a set of rules. Language snobbery seems commonplace these days. I was looking for a quote by Stephen Fry where he made this very point and found it at http://rantamatt.blogspot.com/2005/11/stephen-fry-is-legend.html

I think that people who now seek to point out the grammatical errors of others are undermining the process by which the language they proclaim to love so much came into being.

No. Just no.

I entirely agree that the language should be allowed to evolve and that new words and phrases are born daily and gain popularity, that's entirely fine. What I don't think is fine is failure to communicate correctly due to poor education or laziness.

As a slightly extreme, yet useful, example:

If a design engineer at Jaguar mistakenly placed the accelerator and brake pedals the wrong way around, we would not just accept it and say, "Well, he got it wrong, but I don't care, it's just another way of doing it", we would correct him on his mistake, educate him as to why nearly every car on the planet has the pedals the other way around and we would end up with another fine vehicle instead of a bizarre vehicle that may lead to widespread confusion.

(Excuse the use of Jaguar, but I passed an XF on the way home yesterday...).