Stagey's annual Huge indoor/outdoor/finger buffet/BBQ type thing - what music?

I was wondering about some African steel band stuff - or perhaps something hot and latino - a la salsa?

Its the wasps I feel most happy for:hihi:

This looks interesting

I was wondering about some African steel band stuff - or perhaps something hot and latino - a la salsa?

All that banging might give you a headache:o

How about Groove Armada? Forgot about them and they're excellent!

Oooh - yes I love Groove Armada.

Oooh - yes I love Groove Armada.

Tart :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

My parents had a live steel band at their 40th wedding anniversary a couple of years back. They tend to be Carribean rather than African.

I love salsa and latino jazz. Good choices. I have quite a few CDs which are are welcome to borrow via our mutual friend.

Sister Sledge, Cyndi Lauper, Wham, Elton John, Pulp, Kylie, Bananarama, Girls Aloud, Arctic Monkeys, Abba, Aretha Franklin, Culture Club, Madonna, Supergrass, Scissor Sisters, Blondie, T-Rex, Guns n Roses, Catatonia, Fatboy Slim, Roxette, Soul II Soul, De La Soul, Deeee-Lite, B52s, Sinitta, Bronski Beat/Communards, Erasure, Hot Chip, Oasis, Stevie Wonder, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Salt n Pepa, Stone Roses, Nirvana, Pink, Nelly Furtado, Duran Duran, Ramones, Spice Girls, Snap, Fuzzbox, Kaiser Chiefs....

... or is that just what *I* would party to?:suspect:

Throw in a bit of Shakespeare's Sister, Marc Almond, Pet Shop Boys :gag:David Bowie :love:, Richard Hawley, Pulp, Yazoo, Oasis, Amy Whinehouse, jazz, soul . . .

What about some Hayseed Dixie, they play ACDC with a banjo theme, they are really good. I've seen them a couple of times live and loved it.

Acid jazz is always good, and some really cool south american beats add to a great atmosphere.

:wave: I'll remind Steph :)

But if you play come on Eileen, you will see my dust :gag: