Stagey's annual Huge indoor/outdoor/finger buffet/BBQ type thing - what music?

I'm in the early stages of planning a summer BBQ/get together for a few mates.

I'm looking for suitable tuneage - and whilst I've got quite a reasonable collection, I'm always open to new ideas.

What sort of tunes would you play at a BBQ?

Edited by sTaGeWaLkEr

Gloria Gaynor. And don't abuse your priviliges!:P

you cant beat rolf - sun arise and the wurzels (anything)

*deftly dodges the ban button*

I'm in the early stages of planning my SF BBQ of the year - where you are all invited to eat, drink, and be merry/stupid/delete as appropriate.

It really is very, very kind of you!

It really is very, very kind of you!

Absolutely! I can't speak for you, cgksheff, but I'm clearing my diary for the next three months! :)

Delilah, Hi-Ho silver lining, c'mon Eileen, we will rock you?

All nice quiet songs suitable for any Queens Garden Party - whether it be Buckingham Palace or Stagewalker Palace:D

Sister Sledge, Cyndi Lauper, Wham, Elton John, Pulp, Kylie, Bananarama, Girls Aloud, Arctic Monkeys, Abba, Aretha Franklin, Culture Club, Madonna, Supergrass, Scissor Sisters, Blondie, T-Rex, Guns n Roses, Catatonia, Fatboy Slim, Roxette, Soul II Soul, De La Soul, Deeee-Lite, B52s, Sinitta, Bronski Beat/Communards, Erasure, Hot Chip, Oasis, Stevie Wonder, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Salt n Pepa, Stone Roses, Nirvana, Pink, Nelly Furtado, Duran Duran, Ramones, Spice Girls, Snap, Fuzzbox, Kaiser Chiefs....

... or is that just what *I* would party to?:suspect:

I forgot about this until another user started talking about BBQ's.

D'oh.

Anyway - I'll get back to you all on the date thing...:help:

I was thinking of maybe a camp cheesy section, followed by a little light trance, ending the night with ultimate chillout kinda stuff.

Or how about some sexy saxaphone/light jazz? :)

What would you want to listen to if you were going to a barbecue?

Sister Sledge, Cyndi Lauper, Wham, Elton John, Pulp, Kylie, Bananarama, Girls Aloud, Arctic Monkeys, Abba, Aretha Franklin, Culture Club, Madonna, Supergrass, Scissor Sisters, Blondie, T-Rex, Guns n Roses, Catatonia, Fatboy Slim, Roxette, Soul II Soul, De La Soul, Deeee-Lite, B52s, Sinitta, Bronski Beat/Communards, Erasure, Hot Chip, Oasis, Stevie Wonder, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Salt n Pepa, Stone Roses, Nirvana, Pink, Nelly Furtado, Duran Duran, Ramones, Spice Girls, Snap, Fuzzbox, Kaiser Chiefs....

... or is that just what *I* would party to?:suspect:

Got a few of those lined up already. :)

No, you want to end with the camp cheesy stuff, and then those who have any inhibitions will have lost them through copious amounts of alcohol, and will no doubt give you an excellent exhibition:hihi::hihi:

What would you want to listen to if you were going to a barbecue?

Birdsong. The clinking of glasses and the clanking of ice cubes. Laughter. And hissing sausages on the BBQ.