Anyone ate at The Waggon & Horses recently?

The one at Millhouses.

Going there is a couple of weeks and just wondered what it's like.

Ate there the other day.

Preeeeeetttty average.... food was average (I had the hunters chicken), service was bored...

I agree. Not eaten in there for ages but the staff give you the impression that they don't want to be there and they don't want you there either.

Personally i think the waggon & horses is OK compared to some of the restaurants in the area,i was there recently and the food werent that bad,the home made onion rings are great,cosy surroundings,staff where OK,nice beer although the french red house wine is a bit ropey.......Sunday Lunch was good:cool:

Reviewed in this weeks "Active8" mag

I went yesterday with a friend for the first time in a few years and we both had the mixed grill which was very disappointing. The mushrooms were like dried up old cardboard, the rump steak tasted like liver and the peas were out of a can. The "slab" of bread and butter I paid an extra £1.50 for was a breadcake and the whole thing was generally poor. I found it more expensive than the last time I went too. The positives were the onion rings which were very nice and the friendly service.

I agree. Not eaten in there for ages but the staff give you the impression that they don't want to be there and they don't want you there either.

I will have to go back on this quote. I went this Saturday to give it one last try and although I didn't have anything to eat, the staff were very friendly and the lager top notch, they keep the pint pots in the fridge.

Maybe they read these threads.

I went about two years ago and the food was absolutely pathetic, cheap and poorly cooked.

Went again about three months ago and it was great, and the service was top notch too.

I guess it has changed management at some point, and my most recent experience was certainly positive.

I will have to go back on this quote. I went this Saturday to give it one last try and although I didn't have anything to eat, the staff were very friendly and the lager top notch, they keep the pint pots in the fridge.

Maybe they read these threads.

Keeping the pint pots in the fridge is a marketing ploy! Without getting to dull, it's to do with the specific heat capacity! Glass doesn't store heat at all weel, so as soon as the beer hits the glass the glass will warm up, or cool down, to the temperature of the beer. Complete con and a waste of electricity! :loopy:

My friend used to be the head chef there a few years back until then stopped her cooking anything that was not from the freezer! Standard cheap frozen crap food, same as all the other chains.

My friend used to be the head chef there a few years back until then stopped her cooking anything that was not from the freezer! Standard cheap frozen crap food, same as all the other chains.

It's not a chain thought, it's privately owned. You'd probably be suprised too at how much food is freshly prepared on the premises, and using local produce.