Did you receive a good response when you claimed on your home insurance ?

I am due to renew my household insurance. Were you unfortunate enough to have to claim after last years floods? I would like to hear from anyone who feels that they received an exceptional service and who those insurers are. I would also like to know who you consider to be the bad guys so I can avoid them at all costs !! Are there any league tables posted anywhere? I have tried to locate them but to no avail. I'm not an internet wizard by any stretch of the imagination. Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Not flood related, but I had a to argue to like to mad, to get what we were entitled to for a genuine claim, with Legal&General,they were terrible, had to speak to General Manager in the end! - soon as I've built up my no claims again, I'm moving.

not due to the summer floods but a flood in my bathroom, we claimed on our insurance(we had only been with this company 2 months)and we got bathroom re-plastered, a new kitchen ceiling and kitchen re-plastered,bathroom and kitchen re painted,a new bathroom carpet and also a new stairs carpet. Not bad eh? company is called Insure4retirement. They used to be aimed at over 50s but are now catering for everyone.!!!!!:D All work was done quite quickly and to a high standard.

We are with Hiscox, http://www.hiscox.com/

They offer lots of extras,such as boiler cover, in the price and yet they still beat the likes of M&S and Liverpool Victoria.

If you are chasing up on price alone one the cheapest that I have ever come across was via the brokers on 0800854074.I think they now trade under Smart and Cook http://www.smartandcook.co.uk .When they quoted for me they were called berry,birch and noble.They seem especially cheap for older people but not so good if a claim has been made in the last three years,

The only claim that I have ever made was via Norwich Union and never again.I was passed to different call centres and they "lost" the receipts that I sent.After that all letters were via recorded delivery,well worth the 70p or such extra.In the end they paid out but lots of hoop jumping was done,