Sign in to follow this  

Need help registering a Private Limited Company

Hi,

I need to register a Private Limited Company and tto do so require forms that much be purchased from a Legal Store of some kind.

I was told I need a Memorandum of Association and Article of Association, both to be signed by a soliciter or lawyer.

Has anyone done this before and can you suggest any lawyers/soliciters (what is the difference?) that won't fleece me for such a basic service.

cheers,

Mark

You can have a Private Limited Company set up by any Company Formation Co. (probable cost £40 ?).

I have set up hundreds over the years. The only item to be witnessed by a Solicitor is the Statutory Declaration. You can do all the rest either yourself or at minimal cost. The Memorandum of Association, and the Articles of Association are quite '' bog standard ''. I have many precedents.

One thing to bear in mind though is the Registered Office. Most Mortgages, and many tenancy agreements, have a clause in them which do not allow your premises to be a R/O.

I've spoken with my landlor and he is happy to let me use the address as a registered office and said i can ignore the clause in he contract. Does this make it OK or not?

Otherwise i'll register the office at my parents house.

I've spoken with my landlor and he is happy to let me use the address as a registered office and said i can ignore the clause in he contract. Does this make it OK or not?

Otherwise i'll register the office at my parents house.

Probably better to have the Registered Office at your parents' house. It is really only a '' Service'' address, i.e. the address to which Companies House, HMRC etc. send documents.

If you want a specimen set of Mem and Arts I can Email them to you and wordtrack dummy names and addresses so you can change.

Can you suggest a company to use that will register the business for me.

Quick Formations or one of the hundreds that pop up on google when you search for company formation can handle it all for you for less than £40.

I used Switchmedia and I believe it was £20.50 if you didn't mind having only emailed copies of your documents and £40 otherwise.

If you're not sure what you're doing its so easy to end up paying for things you don't really need.