Help needed for car insurance for a first time young driver

my brother inlaw has passed his test today age 19yr and hes been phoning round all day for quotes for car insurance some of the vehicles he got quotes for was a

FIAT CHIQUCHENTO

FORD FIESTA

RENUALT CLIO

VAUXHALL CORSA

NISSAN MICRA

he didnt get one quote under 1800 pound does anyone know a good insurance company to try thanks

when my OH passed at 19 asda was the cheapest, but still about £1500, that was on a corsa. but as i spent all afternoon last friday phoning round to get car insurance for a 19yr old. i'd say 1800 isnt that bad. we ended up going with one at £2100.!

have you tried the websites like confused.com? sometimes comes up with a few cheap options.

Try virgin - cheapest I've ever found

i'd try online as they have some cheapies no one knows about, confused.com and money supermarket are both good. just be sure to read the tiny terms and conditions first (you can enlarge them on screen unlike trying to squint at the paper versions!)

Try confused.com, unfortunately the policy will probably be around the £1000-£1200, the best thing for him to do is purchase a car first, something like a cinquecento or micra, get the smallest engine possible and a bog standard model as some models are dearer to insure than others.

Give Adrian Flux a call supposed to be good for Young drivers

i got insurance 3 days after my 18th birthday and if i recall correctly it was 600 fully comp on a 1.6 pug 306 with direct line. sometimes fully comp is cheaper than 3rd party

Has he got someone he can put on the policy as a named driver. My hubby is on my car insurance policy and he brings the price down by about £50, because he has more experience etc.

Vanessa

Try norton insurance there in rotherham they have been around 300-400 pounds cheaper then any other insurance company that i'v tryed and thats been for evey car i'v had worth a try :)

Try Lloyds TSB online cheapest for my grandson 2 years ago when he passed test and still cheapest now he is 20 for a corsa.When he did pass + they reduced it by about £300 so worth considering that.