Who went to Brook School?

I'm a Brookie left in 1967 also Athelstan school. I remember all the teachers mentioned, happy days!!!

Hello Mad Mick!

Anita Shirtcliffe is my GodMother. I left Brook in 1987.

Hi i went to Brook 84 mr Rooney was my form teacher lol any one else in class of 84

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 19:57 ----------[/sI

Edited by cupcake111

Hi , I went to Brook-1959-1962. 1st. year was Mrs.Sedgewick 2nd. year Mr.Schofield 3rd.year Mr.Cox 4th.year Mr.Gillott and Mr.Stokes

Others were Mr.Shaw (Humbug) Mrs.Pearson (Bertha) Mr. Hallatt (Onit) Mr. Oates,Mrs.Linacre,Mr.Griffiths,Mr. Birch, Mr.Barker,Miss Ward, and a few more whose names I cant think of now. Ray Middleton lives just round the corner from me but is not in the best of health.

I am late replying to this but I went to Athelsan and Brook. Left Brook in 1970.I remember most of those teachers - also Helen Kirk used to live next door to me - although she was a bit younger. I remember Mrs Whattam from Athelstan n- she was scary

I went to Brook 79-83 my nickname was "Sagga" started off in Mrs Peters class then Mr Brown in the Small Hall til i lefted still friends with my class mates today good to see fellow "Brookies" on here.

Well I left in 1974, I didnt like school that much but looking back Brook wasnt that bad. Sadly no longer there now its a housing estate. Who was in your class then?

I was with girls called Helen Kirk , Michelle Worral Gillian Bulmer, Anita Shirtcliffe, Glyn Copnell, Keneth Webster

Hi I left 74 as well Danny Webb, remember those you mentioned and more

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 20:37 ----------

Hi i left school in 1974 i still see helen kirk. I dont remeber coral water is that your married name? or is it Linda Watts

Hi I left 74 as well Danny Webb

hi all. I went to handsworth infants / athelstan and brook. left in 77. used to hang around with paul hinchliffe, paul bettsworth, bob butterworth,. names i remember are mark howarth, john eastwood, simon thacker, stewart pool, lynne knight[ she has the cafe on worthing rd now ] tina oakly, glynis shaw, lorraine bean, joy marriot, karen stone, bill thompson, dennis hobson, just to name a few. a couple of years ago i was talking to chris hobson who works at dore garage, and he said mr stokes still takes his car there for repairs. he must be getting on now but still kicking. Bill hayes.

Hi I went to brook also I left in 67, I remember all the teachers mentioned. I played for footy team and we weren't bad either

Went to Athelstan Infants then Juniors and onto Brook in 1970 - Mr Johnson was Headmaster