How does Sheffield Forum compare to other forums?

Threads are deleted without even a hint of a reason why - very poor moderation!

It's brilliant!

It's never dead; you could come on at any time of the day or night and there'd be people here.

People are really helpful if you need advice on something.

It's a simple, un-fussy lay out and all the sections are clearly labelled.

There are good debates (it'd be boring if we all agreed on everything wouldn't it?)

It's very informative and often has news before the actual news.

You can steal conversation topics from here to talk about with your mates :P

I know there'll always be something on here to make me smile or laugh :)

I got my first computer in January this year and joined the day after it was installed on a friend's recommendation. I'm no judge at all since I have nothing to compare it to. I've never felt the need to explore further to date.

I love the forum for its rich diversity of characters and the general level of debate. The humour often has me laughing out loud much to the astonishment of my cat and dog.

Sure, it has it's moments where I have to leave it and take some air and some moments to recompose myself but that's also part of it's beauty. I get to express myself from my peace.

Vive le Forum! :love:

I would be lost without the Sheffield Forum. It has helped me cope with homesickness.

It's quite strange really because through reading the Forum threads I very often tell my mum (who still lives in Sheffield) things that have happened in Sheffield that she isn't aware of or only finds out about a few days after I have already told her.

It makes me feel as if I am still a part of Sheffield even though I don't live there anymore. Like many of the other posters I have looked at other forums and haven't managed to find any that comes up to the same standard as SF.

The Isle of Wight one is just pure dire.

Like many posters have already said there are lots of interesting topics, much debate and lots and lots of helpfulness and I truly believe that is down to the friendliness of the Yorkshire people.

When I speak with my friends who still live in Sheffield I am often telling them about the Forum and how they should log on to it.

I really do think its a wonderful source of information and like I said previously make me still feels as though I 'belong' to Sheffield and I haven't entirely left my roots.

My 'home' will always be Sheffield and I am so grateful to this Forum for keeping me 'sane'!

If you have a problem with the Mods, take it to the Helpdesk. That's all they'll tell you when they see this thread and your comment.

Well, now I'm not a Moderator I can speak on such things. :)

A little thought indicates why some threads get removed. It can be hard for the Mods to draw a fair line all the time - I've disagreed with some decisions taken (even when I WAS a Mod) but on the whole they get it right more often than not.

There are quite a few threads on here that stay on SF longer than I think they should - threads that I think have got nasty and unpleasant - but that's just a matter of taste for me, I guess. I'm not going to whinge about it - it's the way the rules are applied and I either deal with that or I can go elsewhere - simple as that.

The fact that SF seems to keep getting new users and keeps a reasonable level of traffic would indicate that, on the whole, things are about right.

I've just registered with the Manchester Forum and it's really hard to find your way around compared to Sheff forum. Does anyone else go on it? I went on cos I lived there for 8 years and had my kids there, and I thought it would be interesting to see what's what over the Pennines. Could have just texted me mate I suppose!! :D

I've just registered with the Manchester Forum and it's really hard to find your way around compared to Sheff forum. Does anyone else go on it? I went on cos I lived there for 8 years and had my kids there, and I thought it would be interesting to see what's what over the Pennines. Could have just texted me mate I suppose!! :D

I use Manchester forum, not used it for a while though.

Birmingham doesn't need an interesting internet forum it's an interesting city.

Sheffield is completely dead compared to Birmingham. This is the closest Sheffield will ever get to being better than other cities is having a better net forum. A bit sad really

Birmingham doesn't need an interesting internet forum it's an interesting city.

Sheffield is completely dead compared to Birmingham. This is the closest Sheffield will ever get to being better than other cities is having a better net forum. A bit sad really

That sounds familiar. There was a guy on here a few weeks ago, you'd have really liked him.