Charity clothes collection bags, how many have you got?

Another ones just dropped through the door, this week alone that totals 5, Ive got a NBCS (blind) bag, Shelter, yorkshire cancer, Third World ... and another 3rd world (different type of flyer) ... how many unwanted clothes do they think Ive got?

I had one posted through yesterday. I packed one up which wasn't collected, and have it 'stored' in the green garden bin as I don't want to do it all again

Another ones just dropped through the door, this week alone that totals 5, Ive got a NBCS (blind) bag, Shelter, yorkshire cancer, Third World ... and another 3rd world (different type of flyer) ... how many unwanted clothes do they think Ive got?

I have just moved into a flat that has been empty for 3 monhs ish and had only 1 with the post. In my house I just left we would get 4 a week at least. Some of them weren't even for proper charities!

Just got another through the door :roll:

If i dontated to them all I'd have to walk round naked! :o

I wonder why certain areas get more than others, we get them all the time here (although i think 6 in 1 week is a new recored)

Just got another through the door :roll:

If i dontated to them all I'd have to walk round naked! :o

I wonder why certain areas get more than others, we get them all the time here (although i think 6 in 1 week is a new recored)

bring it on :P

We get loads too. I save them for the garden/ allotment.

Any glut just goes in the plastic bag recycling skips at supermarkets.

i have just chatted to a friend in Sheffield who says this morning she asked ayoung girl delivering them not to leave her one, the girl looked at her and shoved it through the door, and was given it back again.

When my friend returned home later, someone had written on her window

I buy, what ever that meant, but as she lives in a very quiet little place shes is assuming it might have been the bag lady.

She didnt want the bag as she gets about 3 a week and would be naked if she kept putting clothes in them.

I've been waiting for these charity collectors to leave a bag, they either all come at once, or none for ages. I can fill at least three now.

I get loads of the ones where the charity only get a small percentage of the takings - usually 25%. They come with a huge list of what they will and won't accept....they get nothing from me.

I hold out until I get a proper bag direct from a charity and they get the lot :D

That's not on.

Yes I only give to a registered charity.

I don't get any, I'd actually prefer Charity bags over annoying junk mail trying to get me to sign up to credit cards though! :rant: