What is currently the best broadband deal?

Looks like a 3Gb monthly bandwidth allowance according to the NewNet site.

ah, ok, so for £2 more per month you can have 5GB extra (ontop of that) with plusnet ;)

** EDIT **

Oh, and lets not forget the free overnight usage (midnight till 8am) which doesnt count towards your monthly limits ;)

ah, ok, so for £2 more per month you can have 5GB extra (ontop of that) with plusnet ;)

** EDIT **

Oh, and lets not forget the free overnight usage (midnight till 8am) which doesnt count towards your monthly limits ;)

No thanks! ;) I am very happy with NewNet...unless Plusnet take over like they did with Metronet. :)

I swear.. one more generic "What's the best ISP" thread will send me over the top.

Unless a sticky is posted about this, the forum rules need changing. Anyone who asks a generic question that has been answered more than 5 times within the current search histroy will instantly earn themselves a lifetime ban.

I swear.. one more generic "What's the best ISP" thread will send me over the top.

The same for "What's the best anti virus"~ "What's the best firewall" ~ "What's the best laptop to buy" Like you say a simple search would find plenty of threads on these all too frequent thread starters.

Unless a sticky is posted about this, the forum rules need changing. Anyone who asks a generic question that has been answered more than 5 times within the current search histroy will instantly earn themselves a lifetime ban.

I agree, but ISP's speeds & service standards are forever changing due to a number of factors, as are prices & offers. So if you don't like the the thread, just simply ignore it.

No thanks! ;) I am very happy with NewNet...unless Plusnet take over like they did with Metronet. :)

Pleeeeeeeeease dont give these guys any more ideas - there's far tooooo much rationalising going on and I cant see it's being to the customer's benefit.

It's always worth getting in touch with your current provider a few weeks before your contract ends, you'll be surprised at the great deals they can offer to keep your custom.

I've been with Pipex for years and have always been happy with the service, it was always rock solid and I never had dropped connections. Just before the contract ended I got in touch and they've given me unlimited downloads, 8 meg connection and 3 months free for £7.99 a month. I was paying £15 a month for 2 meg download.

Don't go with Virgin, BT, or Carphone Warehouse if you value your privacy. All 3 are planning to sell your browsing data to an advertising company so they can target you with adverts while you surf. This has horrendous privacy implications.

I'm planning to move ISP because of this.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/phorm_roundup/

http://www.badphorm.co.uk

Nothing a VPN wont sort out. And even if not then why not just use a ad blocker?

I just play games so not much change of adds being stuck into warcraft.

Nothing a VPN wont sort out. And even if not then why not just use a ad blocker?

I just play games so not much change of adds being stuck into warcraft.

All of your browsing goes via a profiler. There's no way to opt-out. The problem is not the ads, it's the deep packet inspection of your datastream.

Be* is by far the best offeres upto 24megand no download limits, great customer services and it cheap! I get 15meg(as i'm 2 miles from exchange) and download 400-500gb a month and have never been capped or had my speed throttled.

No offence but before the guys from plusnet jump in and say that it wont last I dont care I go with which ever provider gives me the best speed/download limit if it was plusnet i'd be with them but as everyone know they have one of the most heavily managed network which for me would mean throttles and caps!!

Nah... that'd be a bit too much FUD (been pulled up on that before). I've got a few friends on Be* and have heard no complaints at all.

Slightly worried that the fact we publish details of our network management leads people to believe that we throttle everything though.

maybe you should remove it, as I suppose if the other companies outlined it ( I know orange and tiscali are really bad) they would have the same branding, I think it just shocks people a bit more when they have proof that things are being throttled. Where as when I was with BT they wouldn't tell me at what limit the fair use policy kicked in luckily I managed to get out of their 12 month contract as they breached there own terms of the FUP.