What is currently the best broadband deal?

Apologies if this is too OT, but is that perhaps that all they hear is that we 'manage the network' (ie blatant euphemism for 'throttle everything to death') rather than reading the reasons why, and the methods that we use? Trouble is, it is a major part of how we do business and we'd rather people understood why and how, so we publish it. If that leads to misunderstandings that's fine, as long as we're given a chance to explain things.

We don't have many customers complaining of slow speeds on our own forums or on ADSLguide (http://www.thinkbroadband.com) so that should go some way to proving what we do works?

For me though I look for somewhere where I can download alot and at times suitable to me, if the need ever came I would subscribe to business broadband to fulfill this need but at the moment Be* fits the bill who knows next year or the year after things might be different

O2 broadband have been hammering everyone on reviews since it started.

If you have a mobile on O2 it's £5 cheaper - I haven't had any issues at all.

All of your browsing goes via a profiler. There's no way to opt-out. The problem is not the ads, it's the deep packet inspection of your datastream.

Only if they have it on the destination servers which they wont. And at 256bit encryption they can't access anything let alone depp sniff anything

Nothing a VPN wont sort out. And even if not then why not just use a ad blocker?

I just play games so not much change of adds being stuck into warcraft.

Phorm hardware is installed at VM local end, you cant "opt" out, even if you do all your data still passes through their hardware, a VPN wont stop it, nor will any software.

VirginMedia have fast become an appalling ISP anyway.

All day Traffic Management (10am-3pm and 4pm-9pm with overnight STM being trialed)

Ask4 is the best ISP in the UK if you live in an apartment that is :)

Other than that, Be is a great ISP.

I've just received an offer from Toucan of 50% off line rental and FREE broadband with a free modem for up 8Mb but as it's on Tiscali I've got some reservations about this - what do you think?

i'd suggest changing to O2. they are definitely the best in the market. good download speeds, and most imp if you are on an o2 contract which is nearing to an end, you could pull the strings on them and get free broadband in addition to an upgrade in terms of a new handset.

As allready mentioned, ask4 if you're in an apartment in the city centre. Uncomparable download speeds for you money and great support.

tiscali - i had this when i lived on Shoreham st and found the line always very shakey! their support isn't too great either!

i'm currently enduring AOL which unless you have a problem and actually need support have been very reliable for ME...

Woulodn't reccommend Virgin either due to bad speeds all my friends are reporting due to oversubscription!

BT might be one way to go although if you game online, my friends hub has some weird issues with conencting to some hosts...

Can anyone recommend a broadband and phone bundle? Currently with BT (option 1 I think), but I feel like I'm paying way too much... no problems with the broadband or the phone though, so it's just a money thang! :)

I don't want TV in it by the way.

I'm currently with PlusNet and would like to stay but they're not offering me anymore discounts. My up to 10MB was £3.49, now the full £6.99, and line rental has increased to £14.50.

I was thinking of changing to TalkTalk but have heard from several people their customer service is abysmal.

I do not want any TV packages and our home is not fibre optic or able for BT's infinity, so which broadband provider would you all recommend?