What is currently the best broadband deal?

I`m wanting to change my provider as it`s useless. We are currently with pipex old bulldog but now we wont to change but dont know who to go with as we are in S4 paghall

Depends how far you are from the local exchange.

Ones to avoid though are as follows:

Sky Broadband (especially the free package)

AOL

Talk Talk

Orange are good, they do 8 Mb for £12.99 a month, but I'm looking for an excuse to leave them in favour of local firm Plusnet because I hate trying to translate Indian accents when I ring customer services! :rant:

if u have chance, use virgin, been using for almost 6 years now, the best thing is unlimited download, but since they change from telewest to virgin, service is not that good and even u need to pay for service.

Plus Net.

Been with them for a year.

1 month rolling contract so not tied in.

Fast and relyable.

Sheffield based call center and company!

Thay arnt the cheapest but Id recommend them.

They also have a trial period I believe.

Depends how far you are from the local exchange.

Ones to avoid though are as follows:

Sky Broadband (especially the free package)

AOL

Talk Talk

Orange are good, they do 8 Mb for £12.99 a month, but I'm looking for an excuse to leave them in favour of local firm Plusnet because I hate trying to translate Indian accents when I ring customer services! :rant:

Add Tiscali to that list

Just changing from pipex to Sky after very poor service last year - don't know how Sky will pan out over time but for an extra £3 I will get increased download usage plus free 01,02,&03 national calls plus 10 country free overseas calls. Unfortunately my area will only get a maximimum BBlimit of 4Mb from the Mosborough exchange. Think its a good deal at £27 per mth and bought the recording sky box at £99 - fantastic, fast and so easy to use. The sky channels include 'variety' and 'knowledge' that I selected that suit us fine.

Happy with Virgin myself, but less happy than I was with Telewest who I found to be excellent.

I would have rated Telewest 9.5/10, dropped to 8 since Virgin took over

But, I would NEVER EVER return to AOL's joke of an ISP, nor would I entertain entangling myself in Tiscalis terms and conditions

Virgin seems to have at least carried on the straightforwardness of Telewest's "connect, use" service rather than "connect, use a bit depending what time it is, see if there is an excuse to strangle your service, quote terms and conditions, say "no you can't leave unless you pay therest of the 6 months contract remaining....>"

When I was with tiscali I had loads of problems. Obviously according to tiscali they were my fault. I obviously must have been to the exchange and cause the problem myself

Been with BT for 2yrs, and only complaint i have is their bloody call centre, in abudabi or wherever it is!!!. just too painful to call, as person on the other end hurts themselves trying to pronounce our name and INSISTS on referring to me by a rather formal Mrs ..... every 30 seconds, even thoug i say "please, call me ... (first name)"....AAAARGH!

Anyone use orange BB? been with orenge on mobile for about 10-11 years now and always been happy with them, particularly customer services (In Newcastle) who WILL use my first name and can pronounce my surname :)