Dixon Ford-Experiences

Dixon Ford shut down late last year, Heard some terrible things about them. Anyone got any experience with them?

I had nothing but great service from the ex-TCH staff at the Dixon Ford at the bottom of Granville Road.

I used to work for dixon ford 9 years ago good ridence bet you paid top dollar for a poor job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used them once to have a service and MOT. According to the new MOT certificate the car had mysteriously changed from being dark green to red. :suspect: and they also put the wrong date on it meaning I lost 4 weeks MOT. :mad:

I managed to get a new certificate with the correct colour details on from the vehicle testing place at Handswoth but the date error had to stand.

Needless to say they haven't had my custom since.

My daughter had a Focus from them, and their service was poor. She should have been wary from the off because she went to collect her new car as arranged on Saturday afternoon, her first car, really exciting. Fortunately as they were shaking hands and seeing her off, she noticed they'd put the wrong registration plates on, totally different registration, but they hadn't noticed. Despite being a few minutes job with a screwdriver, they couldn't do it because all the mechanics had gone home, so she had to leave the car until the next week. Foolishly she later accepted an offer it was hard to refuse and traded it in to them for another car. She then got speeding tickets for the old car which they had given to one of their salesmen without notifying DVLA as they promised. They promised to sort it out but in the end she had to sort it with the DVLA herself. They had a wonderful pre-booking by phone system, where they reng up and made your appointment, but when she took the car in they weren't expecting her. Not surprised they went out of business!

Dixon Ford shut down late last year, Heard some terrible things about them. Anyone got any experience with them?

They went bust and most the staff now work at Luckers.

I bought a brand new Micra from them in October 2004 In January 2005 I started getting cryptic phone calls from them asking me to check numbers and things on the car. About 3 weeks later they rang up and said they had given me the wrong car and they would be here to swop it in an hour. The number on the dashboard just under the tax disk was different to the number on the log book. I don't know if I was covered with my insurance for all that time. I also think they were very expensive I only took it there once to be serviced... as long as you insist on genuine Nissan parts you can have it serviced wherever you like and it won't affect your warranty.

Bought a non - Ford 3 year old people carrier about 3 years ago that kept breaking down, was going to a wedding miles away and could not trust it, so they lent me a nearly new Galaxy for the weekend. Decided mine was a lemon and replaced with same type but was a newer model, less miles on clock and a higher spec vechile, all for free. Disgrunted when things started going wrong, but more than happy the way they sorted it out.