PSP questions keep disappearing

It's a shame that they get blocked. PSP homebrew is very good. It allows you to use media players far more versatile and not the rigid stuff built in. For example, how many people with Windows use the bundled Windows Media Player and not any of the superior alternatives?

It also allows you to install freeware games created by other enthusiasts.

Ditto with the XBOX. I have mine converted to a media centre. I converted all my original DVDs of Family Guy, Futurama and ST:Enterprise to DivX to play on it when I want. The same with my original games. I put my favourite 20 on the hard drive, so I don't have to have boxes of games and discs hanging around the living room. They can be safely stored in the loft.

But, there are some good dedicated forums out there, with many more users experienced in the field than on here, so that would be a better place to have the discussion.

As for PS3 being altered - physically, no, but you can install a different operating system on it (it even tells you how to in the manual). So, effectively, this is the first Sony product they have actually agreed to allow customisation to.

Not quite. The PS2 came with an official Sony Linux kit, comprising an IDE interface and network card, hard drive and install CDs.

Guest Mod_Man
What have you done to your old Xbox? I have one lying around doing nothing (can't use the bloody controllers - prefer keyboards).

Might give it a new lease of life.

Turn it into the cheapest and best standard definition media centre there is. You can stream things from your PC, websites including YouTube and Shoutcast. Put in a larger HDD and store all your movies, mp3s and pictures on it. You can run Linux, Old DOS applications, all sorts really. Then there's emulation, it's basically a PC in a box so it's easy to develop homebrew for, thing is, loads of people have developed homebrew for it.

Turn it into the cheapest and best standard definition media centre there is. You can stream things from your PC, websites including YouTube and Shoutcast. Put in a larger HDD and store all your movies, mp3s and pictures on it. You can run Linux, Old DOS applications, all sorts really. Then there's emulation, it's basically a PC in a box so it's easy to develop homebrew for, thing is, loads of people have developed homebrew for it.

you can make them HD like mine is. Get on eBay and get a HD Adapter for around £4 from China and they then support 1080i HD :D, Games,Films and Internet in HD :hihi:

Your xbox must be set to USA NTSC & in the Original Xbox Menu then you will then have the Proper HD signal options.

Guest Mod_Man
you can make them HD like mine is. Get on eBay and get a HD Adapter for around £4 from China and they then support 1080i HD :D, Games,Films and Internet in HD :hihi:

Your xbox must be set to USA NTSC & in the Original Xbox Menu then you will then have the Proper HD signal options.

I have got the standard options of up to 720p, I hadn't heard of that gadget, sounds cool. There's just one drawback though, I don't have a HD telly. I also thought the xbox couldn't produce HD video (processor power), though it can produce graphics up to 720p as standard. Just rambling now.

Eventually I hope some bright spark would just release a box that users could add content to or program. That would really shake the market up. It's amazing how little the set top box providers ie: Apple, Microsoft, BT, virgin and SKY actually do offer considering what can be done.

e912- you have had a Helpdesk ticket about this answered already.

The reason why threads about PSPs keep disappearing is because they break forum rules. It's as simple as that and the rules aren't up for discussion.

End of topic.