PSP questions keep disappearing

Why does every thread with a question about psp's get deleted, there is nothing wrong with altering the system software to allow you to play home made games, even Ebay lets you advertise this as it does not infringe copyright laws.

This thread may get killed as well, so answer while you can.

:confused:

Guest Mod_Man

I imagine it's because asking for links to software which lets you reverse engineer such as the PSP is against forum rules. It may not be copyright infringement directly but reverse engineering does allow that. Basically, the forum could get into bother if it is seen to be actively allowing people to do such things.

Edited: I'm not a mod by the way, just giving you a reason. :thumbsup:

i appreciate that but if thats the case i am sure ebay would have stopped listing such items as well

Guest Mod_Man
i appreciate that but if thats the case i am sure ebay would have stopped listing such items as well

Are Ebay aware though? Ebay is massive compared to this site, rules being broken are much easier to spot on here.

yeh there are somethings that get pulled very quick on ebay like the ds equivalent wheras certain versions of psp's and various types of batterys are readily available and no codewords or anything are used.

Guest Mod_Man

Don't get me wrong, I'm in to my reverse engineering, I have done great things to my old xbox, none of it really hurts copyright, I don't play games on it, it's purely a media centre. The thing is, all the info I need is out there on dedicated forums that are willing to take the risk. I just don't share it on here (except for that bit) because I like this forum and wouldn't like to risk it getting a ban.

Good lord my tongue is all brown and smelly after that one. ;)

bit on your nose as well m8 . lol :)

if you own a product, surely it is up to you what to do with it.

the uncanny thing about sony is every product they have brought out sees to be able to be altered easily (apart from ps3) for instance the play station one actually had a piece of the heatsink missing exactly where you needed to do some soldering

A quick look on ebay will find a plethora of pirate DVDs on sale. Ebay listings are regulated, but only when someone flags the item on sale as a potentially dubious item.

bit on your nose as well m8 . lol :)

if you own a product, surely it is up to you what to do with it.

the uncanny thing about sony is every product they have brought out sees to be able to be altered easily (apart from ps3) for instance the play station one actually had a piece of the heatsink missing exactly where you needed to do some soldering

My thoughts exactly - however Sony have stated that to alter the firmware of the PSP is a breach of their t&c of use of the device, and thus offer no after sales support to anyone who has custom modded the device. Thus it is a potentially gray area, which is why the SF chooses not to allow links to downloads and firmware hacks. A quick google will find all you need to know on the matter without SF needing to be shown as supporting it.

As for PS3 being altered - physically, no, but you can install a different operating system on it (it even tells you how to in the manual). So, effectively, this is the first Sony product they have actually agreed to allow customisation to.

you don't need a hacked firmware all you need is an early firmware which is in no way illegal to do as it's SONY's own software. You just simply downgrade the system. No hacks Patches Soldering in mod chips, the Firmware at one time was an official upgrade for the early PSP.

Just use google mate and not here at the end of the day :D

Don't use here to discuss issues that are even slightly connected to Pirating. Quickest way to get banned is to break the rules, I speak from experience.

I have done great things to my old xbox, ;)

What have you done to your old Xbox? I have one lying around doing nothing (can't use the bloody controllers - prefer keyboards).

Might give it a new lease of life.