Gortex boots hot feet

Does anyone know where I can find some good non- Gortex lined boots.I find Gortex lined boots make my feet much too hot in summer

I'm sure a phone call to Foothills will get you an answer, see this link to their website

I'm just a customer of theirs but can't speak too highly about their excellent service including proper boot fitting. As customer service goes I would rate them as one of the best.

Have you also tried CCC Outdoor near Bramall Lane? They have lots of end of lines so are very competitive on price

I just phoned foothills they say that the Scarpa Ranger leather boot is available without a Gortex membrane - it's also available with one as well.

Thanks very much.I got some Scarpa Rangers from Foothills.Just what I wanted.

Goretex lined boots are a bit of a farce. I'm not sure why the boot manufacturers bother with them.

For one, a well made walking boot shouldn't leak and for two, the goretex lining splits due to wear and tear within 750-1000 miles anyhow.

Incidentally you've made a wise choice pinemartin. I used to have a pair of those, best boots I ever had. Straight from the box I didn't know that I was wearing them.