Your Political Manifesto

I've become slightly disillusioned with politics recently, and its led me down a thought trail of how it would be with the perfect political party in power. Obviously its never going to happen (because people don't agree) but how would it be for you?

So, if you could create your own political party, and it have a chance at winning, what would be the top 5 points of your manifesto?

Mine would be

• Have a team of real-world business managers employed to remove bueracracy in the NHS and government - not privatisation, and not 'cheapest wins' but less expensive posters and branding and more efficient government. Remove the concept of PCT's with their own budgets and end the postcode lottery.
  • Goverment sponsored business start up scheme that makes starting up new businesses easier for those on low incomes, both in terms of funding and support.
  • More prison spaces (prison ships would be a good idea), 3-strikes and you're off to prison (for a minimum of ten years) for most criminal offences, more police and much more power to curb anti-social behaviour.
  • Improve funding for transport (particularily rail and buses) to make it an attractive alternative to the car. Allow any car with more than two people in to use bus lanes at off-peak times. Renationalise the railways. Try and switch to a strategy of policing for dangerous driving, rather than just catching people with speed cameras
  • and, to fund all this?
  • Cut out 80% of the quangos that exist, or combine them. Ensure those with no valid reason to be on unemployment benefits are made to work for minimum wage doing council work for their benefits. Cut out as many 'middle-managers' as possible where it can be done and redeploy, or make them redundant. Initially, there will be a gain in unemployment figures, but its better for more people to be employed in the private sector in the long run.

So, what would you want?

All good ideas, unfortunately for me you don't address the true ills of society, punishment for the obviously guilty is a start, but I'd set up the odd death squad or two for social workers, teachers, and the 'social liberals'.

I think Britain would benefit greatly from say a twenty year 'reign of terror'.

All good ideas, unfortunately for me you don't address the true ills of society, punishment for the obviously guilty is a start, but I'd set up the odd death squad or two for social workers, teachers, and the 'social liberals'.

....and sticking kids back up chimneys?! :hihi:

Hi Wolfy, how's your motor? BTW, you forgot Estate Agents and the clergy. :hihi:

Hi Wolfy, how's your motor? BTW, you forgot Estate Agents and the clergy. :hihi:

Sorry forgot, no ones perfick:D

Oh, haven't had a chance to take it out yet, its still being re-fitted.

[*]More prison spaces (prison ships would be a good idea), 3-strikes and you're off to prison (for a minimum of ten years) for most criminal offences, more police and much more power to curb anti-social behaviour.

A few good points but I don't agree with more prison spaces. Instead you should be looking at punishments that actually work and using prisons as a first call punishment. More police would be excellent. It depends what you would deem as anti-social behaviour?

-Michael