Sheffield Wednesday FC in the 60s

why look to the past? we need to look to the future. COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

why look to the past? we need to look to the future. COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

Because this is the history section of the forum. :huh:

Now there you go again Jim, letting common sense get in the way of a daft post. :hihi:

Also because they had a team worth remembering then whereas today's team is very forgettable. And I'm a life long Owls fan!

Had the betting scandal not happened Matt Sheppard would have sold Swann and Layne to the highest bidders, he had already shown his true colours with Kay.

Had the betting scandal not happened Matt Sheppard would have sold Swann and Layne to the highest bidders, he had already shown his true colours with Kay.

I'm not sure Sheppard was at the club at the time. Dr Andrew Stephen was chairman and of course Eric Taylor carried a lot more influence than the average club secretary.

I'm not sure Sheppard was at the club at the time. Dr Andrew Stephen was chairman and of course Eric Taylor carried a lot more influence than the average club secretary.

You are correct, for the second time, such is life.

I know what caused Wednesday's demise after they lost the cup to PNE. I emigrated to Canada, and they've never been the same since.

You're making it up Buck. Wednesday never lost a cup final to Preston.

You're making it up Buck. Wednesday never lost a cup final to Preston.

You know your wednesday history Jim lad.

Perhaps buck is talking of Everton in the sixties.

Despite only being 28, I have the entire programme collection from the cup run of 1966, including the song sheet. The remarkable thing about it was that Wednesday played the entire cup run away from home at Reading, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Chelsea (Neutral Venue) and of course at Wembley.

I also have a replica of the white shirt worn by the players at the final and also a pennant marking the occasion and also listing Wednesday's previous cup wins. I hope to frame the cup final items, when I save up a few pennies!

Despite only being 28, I have the entire programme collection from the cup run of 1966, including the song sheet. The remarkable thing about it was that Wednesday played the entire cup run away from home at Reading, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Chelsea (Neutral Venue) and of course at Wembley.

I also have a replica of the white shirt worn by the players at the final and also a pennant marking the occasion and also listing Wednesday's previous cup wins. I hope to frame the cup final items, when I save up a few pennies!

I'm pretty sure I saw the Blackburn, Chelsea and Wembley games. I know I saw the last two. Spent the night in London drowning my sorrows then took the coach bk to Sheff.