Do you tip the takeaway drivers ?

I pay a flipping enough for the take away, why would I tip a paid delivery driver?! Errm the idea is totally illogical

i have never even heard of takeaway drivers being people you're supposed to tip.

the local ones here always bring the exact right change with them ready.

I always tip delivery drivers- I feel guilty if I can't find a few quid to give them

I pay a flipping enough for the take away, why would I tip a paid delivery driver?! Errm the idea is totally illogical

It is not illogical when it's cold, raining, snowing and windy.

Then there are dangerous driving conditions in winter (where Chinese bosses still send you out). Plus delivering into bad areas where they could be attacked (my g/f is Malaysian and would get verbal abuse from teenages sometimes but any situation like that can develop) and her collegue had his car broken into and radio nicked as he hid scared he would be attacked if they saw him. And my partner had her broken into and her tomtom nicked.

Then there is the higher insurance costs as most companies don't even cover delivery driving even if you pay for buisness use. They also pay their own fuel and my partner would often be sent to houses with no local chinese in the middle of nowhere having 15 mile round trips.

I have always have the money plus the tip ready because I don't want to stand there waiting for change while the foods getting cold :)

Plus if the driver is given 3 or 4 deliverys at once and one customer is a known non tipper, then guess who gets their food delivered last?

One wintry night, after I had given him the exact money, a takeaway driver said: "What about a tip?" So I told him, never eat yellow snow.

One wintry night, after I had given him the exact money, a takeaway driver said: "What about a tip?" So I told him, never eat yellow snow.

Did you order from the same place again? You might have got some yellow rice :hihi:

I dont think I have ever left a tip, should I?

I dont think I have ever left a tip, should I?

It's your choice to make but see post 89 if you want to understand better. Also not tipping means you get your food last if the driver has more than one delivery to make.

i spend about a 15 quid a time and i tip 10%. im a mother of 3 kids n know they dont get paid much

I see you fall into the category of those living in nicer areas not giving tips. :thumbsup: