Do you tip the takeaway drivers ?

I gave the delivery guy the £1.30. He seemed happy enough so i feel better now.

Plenty of people are arguing that they need tipping due to being in a minimum wage job and work in bad weather, but what about street cleaners etc? Both are providing a service, just that one brings you food and the other doesn't.

I normally tip delivery drivers and taxi drivers depending on the service. Normally a quid or two.

You're paid to deliver the takeaway don't expect tips. Unfortunately this isn't the states.

If it doesn't pay enough, get a better job. I don't get tips in my job.

I sometimes tip the driver if the food is delivered promptly.

i used to be a delivery driver, tips make the job worth doing, we use our own cars and pay our own fuel cost just so you dont have to drive to pick your own food up, an we do for peanuts.

if you had half the crap in your job that delivery drivers have to put up with in theres you'd tip them also.

they dont expect much, most are happy with 50p or £1...

an we do for peanuts.

if you had half the crap in your job that delivery drivers have to put up with in theres you'd tip them also.

Get another minimum wage job then where you don't have to use your own fuel and resources?

some fab points made on here from both sides, i personally tip if im ok for money that week but if im a bit short then i dont, my partner never tips he will stand and wait for 10p change lol hes so embarrassing sometimes but to be fair he like to save the pennies so i cant really blame him, maybe im a bit slack with my money sometimes???? x

Tipping is for good service - and good service only. If they arrive promptly then I will tip (but not 2-3 quid, that's ridiculous and way more than 10% for us), if they are slow/late, I don't tip. I really get annoyed when people expect a tip just for doing their job, even if they've provided crap service.

I always tip em depending how much cash ive got on me anything from 10p to £3....Most appreciate anything extra you give them obviuosly the more the better!

I'm lucky enough to have a "300k+ house" We always tip on the basis that drivers get crap money and work on a service principle (ie, they'll remember next time and we'll be nearer the front of the queue) I just think if everyone tipped the 2 or 3 quid that we do the drivers would get get a decent evening's pay. Can't be much fun as a job, and we'd surely tip waiting staff much more in a restaurant. And they don't get snowed on in the line of duty.

thing is if they make 3-4 deliveries an hour which is being conservative especialy at weekends, they can make around £10 an hour tips plus his minimum wage, whilst people slave by on just the minimum wage doing hard jobs yet the delivery drivers are laughing , come on its not hard work driving around going down a path here and there.

thing is if they make 3-4 deliveries an hour which is being conservative especialy at weekends, they can make around £10 an hour tips plus his minimum wage, whilst people slave by on just the minimum wage doing hard jobs yet the delivery drivers are laughing , come on its not hard work driving around going down a path here and there.

It is when it's cold, raining, snowing and windy.

Then there are dangerous driving conditions in winter (where Chinese bosses still send you out). Plus delivering into bad areas where they could be attacked (my g/f is Malaysian and would get verbal abuse from teenages sometimes but any situation like that can develop) and her collegue had his car broken into and radio nicked as he hid scared he would be attacked if they saw him. And my partner had her broken into and her tomtom nicked.

Then there is the higher insurance costs as most companies don't even cover delivery driving even if you pay for buisness use. They also pay their own fuel and my partner would often be sent to houses with no local chinese in the middle of nowhere having 15 mile round trips.

There are loads of people who serve us just as well as we don't tip...

if I was going to tip someone for the extra work put in over and above requirements there's -

DD's teacher and TA - who are poorly paid for the work they do

nurses and underpaid domestic staff at the children's hospital who are fabulous

my mechanic

the lady who runs toddler group for free

the midwife who goes out of her way to do home visits

take your pick...

I don't have any takeaway deliveries, but I'd say "no". I don't tip the bus driver, nor do I tip the postmen or binmen for doing their job.

I tipped the Pizza Hut lass £2 tonight. So generous aren't I. ;)