Do you tip the takeaway drivers ?

I do normally tip the driver and they always seem surprised and angry when I do.

I dont think they like being told not to eat yellow snow.

Was just goona start a thread on this but then found this one. Ive got £1.30 consisiting of a 50p piece, 3 x 20p and 2 x 10p in my purse and thats it. Have ordered a takeaway online and paid by card. Do i tip or not? If i do its quite a measly looking amount although it feels like more cos its a few coins, but if i dont is that considered rude? Whats ruder - a rubbish tip or no tip??

Was just goona start a thread on this but then found this one. Ive got £1.30 consisiting of a 50p piece, 3 x 20p and 2 x 10p in my purse and thats it. Have ordered a takeaway online and paid by card. Do i tip or not? If i do its quite a measly looking amount although it feels like more cos its a few coins, but if i dont is that considered rude? Whats ruder - a rubbish tip or no tip??

I don' t think giving the driver a tip of say £1 is mean. If they are getting roughly £1 for each delivery, then you giving the same is a 100 per cent increase!

My partner has done a few Chinese delivery jobs and I have a friend who does them too. They get a low hourly rate for when they work and generaly £1 per delivery on top. But the boss will sometimes give them 3 or 4 deliveries and only pay out the £1 once. Then they loose tips too by the ones getting the food late.

She got a £20 tip one night but that was from me cos our friend had got a £15 one from someone wanting more than the food and I wanted her to out do him!!!

i have to agree with mclovin ...........

i do tip on every occasion but

i agree they get paid to do that job i dont go to work and ask people if they are gonna tip me i get paid thats my pay

but like i say i do tip as i would never not ( scared of my food getting sat in lol , joking )

Usually 10% - same as I would if I was eating out.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But then again I've only ever ordered takeaway Pizza twice in 2 years of living in the Flat (Mum doesn't approve when I've got Pizza in the ice box that's "healthier")

biggest houses no tips . I deliver in s 13 s 9 and s2 i get good tips on the poorest estates . on the best estates 300k houses. you get orders of what are £9.90 and they wait for the 10p change.I see some good sites though and a lot of bad ones.LOL.:hihi: people who have nowt give! people with plenty of cash dont give:loopy: if you want to help us poor del drivers who have 10 kids an need a living HELP !!!.:help:

My dad delivers for Pizza Kasra on Gleadless Townend and he says the same, saying that though he can get 30 quid on a good night in tips round Gleadless and surrounding area's.

I don't tip because they are getting paid to deliver the food to me!! I don't get an extra £1 in my paypacket every time i am nice to a customer!!!

Im not quoting hels14 cos others have said the same before but I just want to say this:-

Tipping started out as a pre service tip to buy a better service than the people who dont or tip less. Wiki it if you want to read up.

But today in the UK it is used after the service to top up the wages of poorly paid service staff. In the case of chinese takeaways they are very poory paid as the owners know someone will do the job for that price. Chinese people coming to the UK are amased at how much they pay compaired to work back home, takes them a while to learn they can get better.

well why should people tip, the drivers get paid to deliver. same goes for taxi drivers..

Only tip i can say is get a better job if you want more mony

Tipped the Dominos pizza delivery girl tonight and she seemed suprised, thought she'd given me the wrong change and I was giving it back.