Do you tip the takeaway drivers ?

I have tipped the taxi driver a few times lately, if he gets us home fast and doesn't charge a lot (some of them know us now).

I think its nice to give people tips if they have given good service, its an incentive. I was bought 4 drinks on Sunday night, it cheered me up

You're paid to deliver the takeaway don't expect tips. Unfortunately this isn't the states.

If it doesn't pay enough, get a better job. I don't get tips in my job.

I sometimes tip the driver if the food is delivered promptly.

seconded. i tip depending on how long it takes to arrive and ho much change i have left!

Nope - we never tip either... we do live in a 'good' area, but only because we watch every penny... if I gave £2 to every shop assistant, take away driver, milk man and paper boy that every delivered to my house, I'd be broke and have to move somewhere else!! LOL!!

Thank god - I thought I was the only one, reading this thread!

It's never really occured to me to tip takeaway drivers to be honest.

Nope - we never tip either... we do live in a 'good' area, but only because we watch every penny... if I gave £2 to every shop assistant, take away driver, milk man and paper boy that every delivered to my house, I'd be broke and have to move somewhere else!! LOL!!

Me neither. If we are expected to tip the delivery driver because he, erm, drives around delivering in any kind of weather, then why don't we wait for the postman each morning and chip him a couple of quid too - he is using his feet, and has to walk in all conditions! Or perhaps pay £2 instead of £1.70 on the bus, telling the driver to keep the change. Why do people tip one aspect of society but not another?

I've never gotten into the whole automatic tipping culture - as someone said, if your job doesn't pay enough for what you do, then get another job. If you get a delivery job, then you should expect to be delivering food for the wage you are paid. As Mr Pink says in Reservoir Dogs , "I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job."

I only tip if someone has done something extra to what is expected of them - that extra 10% deserves an extra 10%.

I always tip them, usually about £1.50 to £2.50 depending on how much it comes to.

I dont tip on the basis that the driver gets a wage probably cash in hand and the food is generally crap anyway.

I always tip the drivers - everytime. Always depends on what we have - value etc, if it's just me n hubby usually about £2 if we have friends round & order more then I give them £5. It saves me cooking, clearing up or having to go out in the cold.

Me neither. If we are expected to tip the delivery driver because he, erm, drives around delivering in any kind of weather, then why don't we wait for the postman each morning and chip him a couple of quid too - he is using his feet, and has to walk in all conditions! Or perhaps pay £2 instead of £1.70 on the bus, telling the driver to keep the change. Why do people tip one aspect of society but not another?

I've never gotten into the whole automatic tipping culture - as someone said, if your job doesn't pay enough for what you do, then get another job. If you get a delivery job, then you should expect to be delivering food for the wage you are paid. As Mr Pink says in Reservoir Dogs , "I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job."

I only tip if someone has done something extra to what is expected of them - that extra 10% deserves an extra 10%.

I agree completely. I think tips should be earnt by doing something out of the ordinary. Why give someone extra money for something they are meant to do?

biggest houses no tips . I deliver in s 13 s 9 and s2 i get good tips on the poorest estates . on the best estates 300k houses. you get orders of what are £9.90 and they wait for the 10p change.I see some good sites though and a lot of bad ones.LOL.:hihi: people who have nowt give! people with plenty of cash dont give:loopy: if you want to help us poor del drivers who have 10 kids an need a living HELP !!!.:help:

Seemingly rich people often live beyond their means!

I always tip up to a couple of quid!

No.

I'd never thought about it for all these years until I read this thread.

But I still don't think it will make me change my mind.

I know Some people who work for an indian Take away.

He Works From 5pm- 3am everyday gets £35 and one meal.

and £1 for each delivery

Thats barely anything