Do you tip the takeaway drivers ?

biggest houses no tips . I deliver in s 13 s 9 and s2 i get good tips on the poorest estates . on the best estates 300k houses. you get orders of what are £9.90 and they wait for the 10p change.I see some good sites though and a lot of bad ones.LOL.:hihi: people who have nowt give! people with plenty of cash dont give:loopy: if you want to help us poor del drivers who have 10 kids an need a living HELP !!!.:help:

I live in a £300,000 house and tip the delivery driver. However I am rather concerned by your posting. It suggests that you have a problem with people who live in decent houses. This is a worry as I prefer my takeaway to arrive without someone's spit in it.

Perhaps I might have to reconsider my dining habits.

always tip our chinese delivery driver, the meal usually comes to about 16 quid odd so we just give him the change out of a 20

Ordered an Indian from Paprikas and a real smart ass on the phone said ''It'll be with you in 65 minutes''.I was surprised he could be so accurate.When it hadn't arrived after 89 minutes and 35 seconds...:D I rang asking what happened to 65 minutes, he said it was late due to the rain! Didn't tip them as it was over half an hour late and won't use them again.If deliveries are on time (give or take 10 mins) then I tip them.

I was under the impression that if you're paying for the delivery costm or it's ree delivery etc... then you;ve paid the driver?

Am I right in thinking thast they don't even get paid minimum wage then sometimes, i.e person working from 5pm to 3am? Surely this is wrong or do they figure in the £1 given per delivery? But what if they don't get many?

Or are these kinds of jobs cash in hand? If all above board & driver is self employed can claim tax relief on the mileage costs to help with petrol.

I often give a tip, and thats to apply some deodorant, one driver told me to F. Off.

I don't tip anyone anymore, that was the last time :mad::mad: ungratefull swines

I was under the impression that if you're paying for the delivery costm or it's ree delivery etc... then you;ve paid the driver?

Not always, they usually get £1 for each trip out. So if they only take 1 order the £1 is theirs. But if they take 4 orders they still only get £1.

Also if you are charged more than the advertised rate cos your like 5 miles away, still only get £1. The owner pockets the rest.

Am I right in thinking thast they don't even get paid minimum wage then sometimes, i.e person working from 5pm to 3am? Surely this is wrong or do they figure in the £1 given per delivery? But what if they don't get many?

Or are these kinds of jobs cash in hand? If all above board & driver is self employed can claim tax relief on the mileage costs to help with petrol.

Some pay less than the minimum wage. They have a few ways to do it. Don't give you a contract and pay you minimum wage for 6 hours, but then always ask you to stay another 2 or 3 on top for free. Or if the person is getting cash in hand the owner pockets the tax. There are so many coming here looking for work and expecting wages similar to back home they can always replace people who don't accept the terms.

On sunday night thought ho i`l order a takeaway . like ya do .. So I phoned up.. placed the order over £13 .. coz it said over £13 ya get free delivery .. That was fine as soon as i gave my post code the ladie who did the order added £2 on my bill .. i asked why £2 exter charge she just said was coz of cost code .. i canceled the order .. put the leaflet in the blue bin

I placed a orded from another take away place .Same kind of food there was no charge for delivery worked out cheeper and yes i gave them i tip as i always do when i have a take away delivered

We always do, but we use the same companies all the time, and the food is consistantly very good, as is the speed of delivery.

Don't really know when or why we started doing this, but we do!!!

I always make it up to the nearest £2 or something. Say if something was £10.80 - I'd give them £12.00 - that kind of thing.

i always do too. Unless they're rude. they save me from leaving the house and it must be horrible going out in this weather and having to get out of the car every few minutes.