Rate the last film you saw

Shutter Island: 4/10

It was ok, the story was good but overall is was a lame disappointment

The objective - 4/10 - this was about alien type abductions in afghanistan, very odd.

My thoughts exactly. The idea was good but the film dragged out faaar to long!!!!

It wasn't alien abductions though, it was that evil triangle thing that lurks in the mountains and gets people.

I saw Kick Ass last night, and like every pundit will say "it kicked my ass", an easy 10/10, my film of the year so far. Way way better than Avatar which I thought was very poor.

Excellent film with a good mix of humour and action and the girl that plays Hit Girl was excellent

The Good Shepherd 6.5/10 - A little slow and po faced but a worthy true story about the start of the CIA.

Shutter Island. A story of grief, failure & redemption disguised as a hokey thriller. DiCaprio finally lives up to his early promise whilst Michelle Williams puts in an outstanding cameo that underpins the whole thing. 8/10.

The Hurt Locker. Better than I thought it'd be. I liked it after it had finished but it hasn't left a lasting impression. so 7/10. Could hardly cope with the bomb related suspense though.

I tried to watch Pineapple Express but had to switch it off, second time in my life that I have done that to a film the first being the Player with Tim Robbins, both films -1/10

And even though we're only just getting the first film, the other two films have already been completed and released in the cinema and on DVD elsewhere.

Thanks, I managed to get hold and watched them this week.

The Girl Who Played With Fire: The 2nd in the trilogy focuses on the sex trafficking trade in Sweden, after Blomkvist is approached by a journalist and his girlfriend who are academics in the field and who have uncovered some of the perpetrators.

Whereas the first film, at times, felt like it had hole's in it where you knew the book would pad out, this is just one big leak. It's pretty incoherent and really lacks the charisma, presence and intrigue of the Vanger family.

Oddly, it's still an above average thriller and that's mainly due to the Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, who you still can't take your eye's away from ~(how will Hollywood match her?). 6/10

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - The conclusion is, thankfully, a return to form. We're still lacking the atmosphere of the first film, but there's plenty happening, one thing follows another, it's ultimately coherent and we get to hear all about Lisbeth Salander's back story. 8/10

After watching all three, I've changed my mind about Hollywood attempting a remake. I think with the right screenwriter and director they may be able to produce something a little more together. Though, as I've said, I'm not sure how they could ever replace Noomi Rapace or Michael Nyqvist, both utterly brilliant throughout the trilogy.