Rate the last film you saw

Alice In Wonderland in 3D - Fantastic interpretation of the imagery from the stories, lent a novel approach by telling a story of a now grown-up Alice falling, once more, into that rabbit hole. A kind of sequel to the stories it has Alice not remembering her past adventures, and slowly finding out her true destiny.

Looks marvellous, in that Tim Burton dreamscape kind of way, and the voice casting for Wonderland's many inhabitants is spot on. Thumbs up from me with an 8/10 (but I am biased as I think Tim Burton is a genius!)

The Crazies - Above average slice of entertainment. Ticks the right boxes, but does nothing to make it stand out. 6/10

Mic Macs - Utter majestic genius from the director of films such as Delicatessen and City of Lost Children. 9/10

Kick-Ass - Excellent adaptation of the brutal comic series. Extremely funny, and jaw dropping action. Loved it! Gets a 9/10 from me (only losing a point due to one of the changes from the comic to film doesn't work quite as well as it could have)

Big fan of the comics though I'm curious as to how they circumvented the problem of portraying a 10 yr old girl slicing off limbs.

Did you go to a preview? :suspect:

The Crazies - Above average slice of entertainment. Ticks the right boxes, but does nothing to make it stand out. 6/10

I'm off to see it tonight!! Looks scary from the trailer

Big fan of the comics though I'm curious as to how they circumvented the problem of portraying a 10 yr old girl slicing off limbs.

Did you go to a preview? :suspect:

They circumvented it by casting an 11 year old in the role :) Seriously, limbs are still sliced and guns are still fired.

Yeah, saw a special preview in London on Tuesday. Handy thing knowing people who work for distributors you can blag tickets to press screenings and such :)

From Paris With Love

7.9/10 not a bad movie - laughable cinematography(Segal style) to make it look like Johnny's a bit of a fighter.

Irreversible - Some of you mya be aware of this 2002 French film due to the infamous 9 minute rape scene. I've just watched it and it's like being dropped into Hell and being slowly pulled up. The events are played out in reverse segments. The first half hour actually made me physically nauseas, genuinely. It made the cult horror film "Martyrs" seem like Mary Poppins.

It's beyond scoring. It's a vision of human depravity on screen, brilliantly executed. Though not one you'd recommend and certainly one that should come with a health warning.

Viewing is a sincerely unpleasant experience and the strangely non-gratuitous elements of the violence just adds to the sickness.

I need a hug.

Edited by chinaski

They circumvented it by casting an 11 year old in the role :) Seriously, limbs are still sliced and guns are still fired.

Yeah, saw a special preview in London on Tuesday. Handy thing knowing people who work for distributors you can blag tickets to press screenings and such :)

Lucky man.

It's a shame they've included the beginning in the trailer. It could have gone down as one of the classic openings of cinema.

I'll look forward to watching. :thumbsup:

Invictus 5/10 - wanted it to be good but nearly fell asleep a couple of times as it was too slow.

It's complicated 9/10 - laugh out loud romantic comedy at its best.

Edited by manxie

Kick-Ass - Excellent adaptation of the brutal comic series. Extremely funny, and jaw dropping action. Loved it! Gets a 9/10 from me (only losing a point due to one of the changes from the comic to film doesn't work quite as well as it could have)

I'm so jealous that you've seen this already. :D

One flew over the cuckoos nest. WOW! Loved Jack Nicholson as Macmurphy, made me laugh and want to cry. Would give it 8 out of 10 I think. Only because I've read the book first. Maybe 9...

The story has such a huge impact and I think this was as great in the film. Also loved the music. Watch it!