Rate the last film you saw

Bit boring, wasn't it?

Can't remember the last time I saw a really good film.

A serious Man - I loved this movie!

It's worth reading up on the story, if you didn't. It's all based upon a religious tale. God and the Devil.

Watches Apocalypto last night for the 3rd time,def 10/10.

Had a bit of a film-fest over the last few days so...

The Hurt Locker. 8.5/10

A really good film that missed out on 10/10 for the following reason; it's episodic rather than a continuing narrative which makes it seem like the writers came up with a number of set-pieces but couldn't really think of anything to tie them together. Probably deliberate but it let the film down IMO.

Moon. 10/10.

Loved it. So good to see an intelligent sci-fi film. Great performance by Sam Rockwell.

Fist Of The North Star (live action): 7/10

Cheesy, cheap but still as stupidly enjoyable as I remember.

Salute Of The Jugger. 10/10.

One of my favourite film of all time so I'm biased. It may be a cheap US/Oz sci-fi b-movie with Rutger Hauer but I love it. Great music too.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

Deception, cracking unpredictable thriller! 10/10. That is a good film funkymiss, plus has hugh jackman in it.

Wolfman. A fun filled gore-fest which was filmed around Chatsworth, enabling me to say "been there!" a number of times.

Benicio del Toro plays the returning son and Anthony Hopkins hams it up as his father. Various recognisable British character actors make up the cast of backward villagers (think of the pub scene from American Werewolf in London and apply to a whole village) and Hugo Weaving is the investigating Scotland Yard detective.

The film is a remake of the classic Universal film from the 1940s with nods to American Werewolf thrown in.

It was a bit gory for a 15 certificate but as I don't often go to see films maybe I'm out of touch with what passes for 15 nowadays.

Fun and exciting but no great shakes in the big scheme of things.

7/10

Public Enemies - 7.5/10 - A little shallow but better than I expected.

500 Days of Summer. Charming but cutting Rom Com. Zooey plays against type subverting the idea of the perfect girl whilst JGL maintains his status as one of the best young actors in Hollywood (want proof? watch Mysterious Skin). Took me a good couple of minutes to get over a fantastic visual Star Wars joke. If it wasn't for a dreadful final scene it would be an 8, as it stands it’s a 7.

Rome, Open City. The Italian resistance in WW2 come a cropper but not before they have empowered the youth. Hugely important for the circumstances it was filmed under (The Nazis still controlled much of Italy whilst it was made) and the techniques that those circumstances brought into being. It's perhaps a film to admire rather than love. It’s 7 out of 10 but essential viewing for anyone serious about film or WW2.

Knowing.

Starts off as a mildly intriguing extended X-Files episode. Ends as a thoroughly depressing, utterly ridiculous, jaw-droppingly awful mess of a film.

I'm feeling generous, so 2/10 as the first 15 minutes had promise and I do like Nic Cage.

I saw that on a long haul flight and made me want to find an escape route. Argh!!

The Hurt Locker - 8/10 - Stunning film but doesn't quite match up to other war movies such as Ryan's Privates or Band of Brothers (for example) in terms of action.

Sherlock Holmes - 9/10 - Thoroughly enjoyed this one and, despite not being sure about it, it exceeded my expectations. The slow mo fight scenes were fantastic!

Stalker - 9.8/10 - Not so much a film, more a piece of art. Truly thought provoking. Only missed out on 10 because there are bits that are a little too slow, although that's the style of the film, it can get a bit much.

Withnail & I - 11/10 - Oldie but goody. Still the best film I've ever seen. "We've gone on holiday by mistake..."

Edited by Locksley

The Invention of Lying 4/10

Made me smile in parts but not really as good as his other films