Rate the last film you saw

Man of Tai Chi...8/10

Keanu Reeves directorial debut. Kung fu!!

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. In mandarin, Cantonese and English but easy to follow. Not superb but if you like a martial arts flick you will enjoy it.

Hammer Of The Gods. 2/10

Absolutely awful. And an amazing amount of profanity for a film of this genre. The end twist is also predictably cliché.

now you see me

very good film was not sure if any good before i watched not seen any reviews

well worth the watch

9/10

Killing them Softly: 3/10. Not sure if it was just that I was too tired but I really didn't see the point of the film. Slow and boring, fell asleep in last five minutes and have no desire rewatch even that little bit to find out what happened.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

now you see me

very good film was not sure if any good before i watched not seen any reviews

well worth the watch

9/10

Yes. It's on again- for one day only- at Cineworld, as part of the "Take Two Thursday" promotion- 10 October, I think.

So, er, now you see it again!

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

I recorded '10 Rillington Place' and watched it last night.

Richard Attenborough gave an incredible performance as the creepy, pervy landlord John Reginald Christie - I shivered with repulsion when he smiled; and John Hurt was brilliant as the ill fated Timothy Evans, the man with learning disabilities who went to the gallows but was postumously pardoned.

If was on those 2 performances alone I'd give it 10/10. But the film was slow moving (by today's standards), therefore I'll give it 6/10.

However it was scrupulously researched, and gave a truthful as possible depiction of what happened - (Minus the necrophilia:gag: ).

I recorded '10 Rillington Place' and watched it last night.

Richard Attenborough gave an incredible performance as the creepy, pervy landlord John Reginald Christie - I shivered with repulsion when he smiled; and John Hurt was brilliant as the ill fated Timothy Evans, the man with learning disabilities who went to the gallows but was postumously pardoned.

If was on those 2 performances alone I'd give it 10/10. But the film was slow moving (by today's standards), therefore I'll give it 6/10.

However it was scrupulously researched, and gave a truthful as possible depiction of what happened - (Minus the necrophilia:gag: ).

I understand what you mean Mister M, but considering when it was made & the story portraying I'd definately give it 11/10. If you haven't already done so watch Timothy Spall as Albert Pierrpoint, marvellous.

Pete

Prisoners - 9/10

Really solid performances from Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhall (sp) Great to see Hugh play a different character from the type he usually plays, mean, moody and muscly (not that i'm complaining) Considering the film (including trailers) started at 10.45 and we came out of the screen at 1.40 it really didn't seem like that long a film. Really good twists and turns. Liked the pace from start to end. All in all brilliant!

I understand what you mean Mister M, but considering when it was made & the story portraying I'd definately give it 11/10. If you haven't already done so watch Timothy Spall as Albert Pierrpoint, marvellous.

Pete

Yes I saw it when it was on tele, and I agree it's a brilliant film.

Sisters (1973) - 5/10 - Brian De Palma's first "horror" film and it starts very well showing touches of the Hitchcock homages that he became known for, the ending is a little too bizarre and lets the film down.

Prisoners - 8/10. I've seen some rather negative reviews of this film and I really can't understand why. I thought it looked dull from the trailer but was surprised by it.