Rate the last film you saw

Jack Reacher - 6/10 - I'm a big fan of the Lee Child books and was a little dismayed by the choice of Cruise in the main part on watching the film my fears were realised, he just doesnt have the physical prescence for the part, the film itself is based on the book One Shot which is a good entry in the series, unfortunately the film is a bit pedestrian and lacks ooomph.

I hope this is not the last time we see Reacher on the big screen but hope the next attempt is better.

I must be the only one in the world that thinks that Jack Reacher is blinding film. I'd give it a strong 9/10. Granted, I never read the books, and can certainly appreciate the betrayal people feel when the vision is changed into something less by the film makers, but most of the time when it happens the evidence of the failure is usually onscreen. This, however, is a great film, and most people seem to only have a problem with the actor, not the movie, and only the actor's height at that.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I love the fight scene in the confined bathroom, it rivals the trailer fight on Raising Arizona.

I didn't really understand the actions of Richard Dreyfus at the end. The way he was sniping would go against what I'd expected. He fires the first few shots blind, then pins misses the shots that seemed easy. Granted, he successfully pinned them down, but it wasn't what I was expecting (which is a great thing as far as I'm concerned.)

Crank 2/10....Absolutely awful trash.

A shame really, because I quite like the Transporter films.

Regards

Doom

I must be the only one in the world that thinks that Jack Reacher is blinding film. I'd give it a strong 9/10. Granted, I never read the books, and can certainly appreciate the betrayal people feel when the vision is changed into something less by the film makers, but most of the time when it happens the evidence of the failure is usually onscreen. This, however, is a great film, and most people seem to only have a problem with the actor, not the movie, and only the actor's height at that.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I love the fight scene in the confined bathroom, it rivals the trailer fight on Raising Arizona.

I didn't really understand the actions of Richard Dreyfus at the end. The way he was sniping would go against what I'd expected. He fires the first few shots blind, then pins misses the shots that seemed easy. Granted, he successfully pinned them down, but it wasn't what I was expecting (which is a great thing as far as I'm concerned.)

***SPOILER ALERT 2***

I thought the bathroom scene was ludicrous, very slapstick and not in keeping with the tone of the film.

***THE END***

The Cook The Thief His Wife And Her Lover - 7/10 - Not seen this for years, still quite shocking today, has a very theatrical look is very arty with the colour themed areas of the restaurant etc but Michael Gambon is a revelation as the odious Albert Spica.

I loved it :)

***SPOILER ALERT***

no your not, I enjoyed it aswell. like you I have never read the books either so I guess that helps.

Iron Man 3: 7.5/10. Pretty much on a par with the previous two.

Monsters University 2D: 8/10. One of the few films I have recently bothered going to the cinema to see. I rate it slightly higher than the first one. Having watched it I don't know what extra could be gained by seeing it in 3D.

Star Trek: Into Darkness: 8/10. If a universe reboot allowing you to reuse old characters in new ways (Khan) doesn't offend then you should enjoy.

jb

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 10/10

Watched it with my 3.5 year old daughter and she loved it!

Prisoners - longer than it felt. 8/10 Jake DooDah appeared to over egg his role but a very engaging film.

Jaws -10/10 - A shiny Blu Ray copy with a great transfer, excellent film, my all time favourite.

blade runner 9/10 just wish my ipad was widescreen (it is on iplayer at the moment)

I watched Wonderland (2003) the film about John Holmes and the Wonderland murders. Very good film, I give it 8/10. If you liked Boogie Nights you'll like this, it's more focused and set over a couple days rather than a sprawling epic covering lots of characters like BN.

One of my fave films - especially loved the soundtrack! Pretty grizzly but thought Val Kilmer played a really great part! Would definitely recommend it

Prisioner 8/10

Bit slow in places but overall a good film.

Yes- a gripping and fast film, with a lot of plot twists.

ALSO:

Blue Jasmine 9/10 [Woody Allen's best for years]

The Call 9.5/10 [thrilling and nerve-racking; only downside was the grisly violence]

Runner Runner 7/10 [clever and amoral]

In a World 3/10 [good premise, and plot surprises, but poorly realised]

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw