Rate the last film you saw

After Earth - 8/10

Quite dark and contemplative for sci-fi, though that isn't too bad a thing. Though it's beautifully shot, and fairly well written (a little overuse of deus ex machina I felt), there's not enough pew-pew to be remembered I'm afraid. I can't help but to think that in 10 years they'll have a round on Pointless entitled Will Smith films, and this will be one of the pointless answers.

It fits into neither mainstream nor cult camps. If it was a director school final project for Shyamalan, or an acting school final project for Billy Smith, then they'd get A+, but as a movie it only barely works.

Still... Enjoyable, just don't go in expecting Star Wars.

I think this will be a DVD wait- although I like watching Will Smith, I won't spend money on a ticket for a M Night Shyamalan film after his last few movies.

The guy has really lost his touch and has not made a decent film since Unbreakable (before that Sixth Sense).

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 09:43 ----------

Take Shelter 8.5/10

gripping film and excellent performance from the rising Michael Shannon.

I think this will be a DVD wait- although I like watching Will Smith, I won't spend money on a ticket for a M Night Shyamalan film after his last few movies.

The guy has really lost his touch and has not made a decent film since Unbreakable (before that Sixth Sense).

---------- Post added 15-06-2013 at 09:43 ----------

Take Shelter 8.5/10

gripping film and excellent performance from the rising Michael Shannon.

I love Shyamalan's ambition, bringing fantasy and sci-fi into a realistic world, but I think he needs somebody sitting on his shoulder to tell him, 'no, M, too far pal, reign it in a bit.'

That said, he's a brilliant director, and never seems to rely on just plonking a camera in a room and getting people to act when he can make it dance.

flight 8.5/10 - very thought provoking. good start and excellent end - just a little slow in the middle. def recommend

Madagascar 3 - summat summat Europe. Quite good. Decent animation as you'd expect, lots of good (but not outstanding) gags and fairly low on schmaltz. 7.5/10.

Madagascar 3 - summat summat Europe. Quite good. Decent animation as you'd expect, lots of good (but not outstanding) gags and fairly low on schmaltz. 7.5/10.

:hihi::hihi:

Man of Steel 8/10

Very much reliant on CGI and goes a little too much at times.

Overall it's enjoyable and in some parts, moving away from the original film- especially with earlier introduction of Louis Lane.

Man of Steel - 8.5 / 10.

Great new take on superman - indeed not quite perfect, but still very good and I enjoyed it very much. Be good to watch in comfort at home when released on bluray.

Green Zone - 6.5/10 - Quite enjoyed this, well made and realistic thriller set during the 2nd Gulf War.

Brake. Stephen dorf locked in a boot. Not nearly as bad as it sounds. Iffy ending though. 7/10

True Grit....the remake, with Jeff Bridges.

Thought it was a bit poo to be honest, but then, I find the Coen brothers to be a tad overrated!

In this remake, JB is so hard to understand, I found myself constantly rewinding back to listen again, so bad! I like JB, and Matt Damon, but this was not a good film, in my opinion.

But, you know what they say about opinions.......

Looper, started well, really fell apart in the middle & got boring, and finished okay 5/10

man of Steel 8.5/10

Not perfect but some very nice eye candy for the ladies and gents ;)

Cant wait for the DVD