Rate the last film you saw

Buried 8/10 - Wasnt sure this would work but it does, the first few minutes were so claustrophobic I nearly switched it off.

I thought the same to begin with, all filmed in 1 place, but it really is a good film.

Buried 8/10 - Wasnt sure this would work but it does, the first few minutes were so claustrophobic I nearly switched it off.

I was exactly the same. Brilliant film.

Cars 2 (in 3D) - Pretty much what you expect from a cartoon about talking cars. A fun action adventure for the gang this time, which kids will lap up. The 3D is fabulous - the best Pixar have delivered so far, and the finest 3D example since Avatar.

Whilst other Pixar output may have broader appeal, you really do have to regress to the mind of a 10 year old boy who loves toy cars to get the most out of this one. If you can manage that, then you have a reasonable 7 or 8/10. If you want something more akin to Wall-E, or Up, then expect a 5 or 6.

Just seen new Transformers film. Was pleasantly surprised Was persuaded to go or wouldnt have bothered. But definitely enjoyed it!

I'll probably be going to see new HP film next week. Will let you know what I think to it! Def initely want to see it in 2D though. Saw Transformers film in 2 D.

The last film I saw was Machette which i thought was entertaining and my housemate watched Bridesmaids which she thought was hilarious.

Harry Potter 7 pt2 - 10/10

Really really good film, a good end to the series. Picture was very good, didn't bother with the 3D version! Only having read the first 5 books, I didn't know what was going to happen, deaths etc....

And yes, there was tears :cry:

The Tree of Life 10/10

absolutley stunning, not even sure i understood the half of it, but visually such a beautiful film

it definitley didn't deserve 20 people getting up and leaving within the first hour (and yet no one left Transformers 3.... it's a strange old world)

Just watched shutter island.

Must say i really enjoyed it,an old tale reworked with a twist,some great actors including dicaprios side kick detective,who took a duel role,had a kind of hitchcock feel to it.

9/10

Edited by staninoodle

Monsters 4/10 - Was quite looking forward to this one but what a let down, like District 9 except NOTHING happens.

Just watched stutter island.

Must say i really enjoyed it,an old tale reworked with a twist,some great actors including dicaprios side kick detective,who took a duel role,had a kind of hitchcock feel to it.

9/10

I really enjoyed that one too. You should read the book. Although Shutter Island was a bit of a departure for Dennis Lehane, he managed the transition from PI crime fiction to claustrophobic gothic mystery very skilfully indeed.

Mark Ruffalo is superb. He was excellent on Zodiac too. If there's ever a remake of Columbo, he's a shoo-in for the role.