Rate the last film you saw

I Saw The Devil - a brutal and bloody Korean film about a man taking revenge on a psychotic serial killer who murdered his pregnant fiancee and becoming as much a monster himself in the process. This film makes other serial killer films like the Saw franchise look restrained.

Brilliant performance by Choi Min-Sik (who played Oldboy) as the serial killer.

10/10

If you enjoyed 'I Saw The Devil,' I'd also highly recommend two films from South Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho; 'Memories of Murder' (2003) and 'Mother' (2009). If you haven't already seen them that is...

Water for Elephants........., 6/10. Interesting story but easily forgetable.

Mary and Max (2009) on Film4 last week.

An Australian clay animated film about a pen pal friendship between a girl in Melbourne and a man living in New York, which spans two decades. Both are lonely people, one of them dealing with Asperger's syndrome, who find an unlikely life long friendship in one another. The film is very emotive, and although it deals with some heavy subjects it was also delightfully funny and quirky.

Not the most feelgood film out there, but touching and well worth watching. 8/10

I watched 'The social network' yesterday with my G/F. I think Kevin Spacey should stick to acting and running the 'Globe' rather than directing.

That's fair enough, seeing as David Fincher directed Social Network :)

That's fair enough, seeing as David Fincher directed Social Network :)

Ooops ... sorry! Kev is executive producer ... still deserves a slap though! :D

Ooops ... sorry! Kev is executive producer ... still deserves a slap though! :D

Hehe. I loved Social Network - watched it at cinema last year. Know what you mean about the speed of dialogue exchanges, but that's Aaron Sorkin's writing for you. Took a few minutes to get up to speed with the dialogue, but once in I was hooked.

Heat - 3/10. Painfully dull, clichéd, abysmal editing and woefully unsuitable score; a complete waste of some great actors.

Heat - 3/10. Painfully dull, clichéd, abysmal editing and woefully unsuitable score; a complete waste of some great actors.

I think you're the first person I've ever seen say that they didn't like it. i agree, it was utter tripe. I think it's just 'cool' to like this film.

I thought it dragged a bit but I thought the shootout was fantastic. Mind you anything with Ashley judd in it always gets at least an 8.

So no it isn't as good as it thinks it is, but compare it with righteous kill and it's suddenly a masterpiece.

The Heat with Pacino, De Niro, Kilmer et al?.....

Wow...

The Heat with Pacino, De Niro, Kilmer et al?.....

Wow...

The very same. It was like watching an unnecessarily lengthy made-for-tv cop show on Channel 5.

Warlords Of Atlantis - I'm on a bit of a Doug McClure trip at the moment, awesome film.