Rate the last film you saw

The Extraordinary Adventures Of Adele Blanc-Sec - 6.5/10

Luc Besson does a quirky tale full of weird characters that starts off feeling like Amelie and then gets weirder as it goes on.

Alpha Dog 6/10 - Gritty story told in a very un-gritty way but with lots of profanity.

Jumper 7/10

I watched it ages ago on the PC and it seemed really good so i watched it on the big TV tonight and it was average at best. It just seemed to plod on most of the time.

Hanna 6/10

I was a bit disappointed with this one.

Mutiny on the Buses 8/10 a 70s classic starring the late Reg Varney as Stan Butler...

Thor - 8/10

Another strong comic book adaptation from the Marvel Studios. Brannagh's direction manages to turn what could have been a mess of a film into a well structured, and fun film. The concept for Thor (god of thunder, norse legends, rainbow bridge) could have gone so wrong. Asking the general audiences to suspend disbelief enough with such nonsense was a long stretch, but they really pull it off. Midgard (Earth) is ground in the reality crafted in Marvel films so far (Hulk, Iron Man), whilst Asgard is so fantastical, and yet the two sit side by side perfectly in the film.

The design of the environments (the rainbow bridge is a beautiful creation, and works), and the costumes (Loki's helm could have gone so wrong, and yet it is so perfectly made to match the comics whilst not looking daft) are all spot on. The cast are well chosen, and the wit and pace of the script (co-written by J M Strazynski of Babylon 5, Spider-Man comics, and Angelinea Jolie film The Changeling) well balanced..

If it's good enough for you then I am sure to enjoy it! I'm planning to watch it this weekend.

I'm a huge comic fan and when they first announced Thor was coming to the big screen (and directed by Kenneth Brannagh) I thought, OH NO!

But sounds like he did a grand job so really looking forward to this- there are some other Marvel/DC character movies out later- namely Captain America and Green Lantern.

namely Captain America and Green Lantern.

Both are on my to-watch list :)

Both are on my to-watch list :)

Then you have The Avengers in 2012:)