Rate the last film you saw

Shutter Island. A story of grief, failure & redemption disguised as a hokey thriller. DiCaprio finally lives up to his early promise whilst Michelle Williams puts in an outstanding cameo that underpins the whole thing. 8/10.

The Hurt Locker. Better than I thought it'd be. I liked it after it had finished but it hasn't left a lasting impression. so 7/10. Could hardly cope with the bomb related suspense though.

I tried to watch Pineapple Express but had to switch it off, second time in my life that I have done that to a film the first being the Player with Tim Robbins, both films -1/10

And even though we're only just getting the first film, the other two films have already been completed and released in the cinema and on DVD elsewhere.

Thanks, I managed to get hold and watched them this week.

The Girl Who Played With Fire: The 2nd in the trilogy focuses on the sex trafficking trade in Sweden, after Blomkvist is approached by a journalist and his girlfriend who are academics in the field and who have uncovered some of the perpetrators.

Whereas the first film, at times, felt like it had hole's in it where you knew the book would pad out, this is just one big leak. It's pretty incoherent and really lacks the charisma, presence and intrigue of the Vanger family.

Oddly, it's still an above average thriller and that's mainly due to the Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, who you still can't take your eye's away from ~(how will Hollywood match her?). 6/10

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - The conclusion is, thankfully, a return to form. We're still lacking the atmosphere of the first film, but there's plenty happening, one thing follows another, it's ultimately coherent and we get to hear all about Lisbeth Salander's back story. 8/10

After watching all three, I've changed my mind about Hollywood attempting a remake. I think with the right screenwriter and director they may be able to produce something a little more together. Though, as I've said, I'm not sure how they could ever replace Noomi Rapace or Michael Nyqvist, both utterly brilliant throughout the trilogy.

Legion.

Was severly disappointed.

5/10

Just watched this didn't think it quite that bad liked the old lady scene 7/10

Thanks, I managed to get hold and watched them this week.

The Girl Who Played With Fire: The 2nd in the trilogy focuses on the sex trafficking trade in Sweden, after Blomkvist is approached by a journalist and his girlfriend who are academics in the field and who have uncovered some of the perpetrators.

Whereas the first film, at times, felt like it had hole's in it where you knew the book would pad out, this is just one big leak. It's pretty incoherent and really lacks the charisma, presence and intrigue of the Vanger family.

Oddly, it's still an above average thriller and that's mainly due to the Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salander, who you still can't take your eye's away from ~(how will Hollywood match her?). 6/10

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - The conclusion is, thankfully, a return to form. We're still lacking the atmosphere of the first film, but there's plenty happening, one thing follows another, it's ultimately coherent and we get to hear all about Lisbeth Salander's back story. 8/10

After watching all three, I've changed my mind about Hollywood attempting a remake. I think with the right screenwriter and director they may be able to produce something a little more together. Though, as I've said, I'm not sure how they could ever replace Noomi Rapace or Michael Nyqvist, both utterly brilliant throughout the trilogy.

Interesting because of the 3 books Played with Fire is the best story. Dragon set the scene and had a whole lot of back story (the Vanger thing was just a diversion really) whereas Fire brought forth all Lisbeths past and crashed it into the present. It was well written, fast paced and lacked the tangents of the first novel. The third novel, Hornet, felt rushed, as though he knew he hadn't much time and just wanted to pull all the threads together into a nice denouement.

.and breathe.

Avatar in 3D. Beautiful, in a blue and earthy kind of way.

Nanny McPhee The Big Bang...Loved this film 10/10

Interesting because of the 3 books Played with Fire is the best story. Dragon set the scene and had a whole lot of back story (the Vanger thing was just a diversion really) whereas Fire brought forth all Lisbeths past and crashed it into the present. It was well written, fast paced and lacked the tangents of the first novel. The third novel, Hornet, felt rushed, as though he knew he hadn't much time and just wanted to pull all the threads together into a nice denouement.

.and breathe.

It's probably how I viewed them. I watched both the Fire & Hornets' films back to back so they almost congealed into one. After viewing, the Fire film felt a bit of a mess, yet repeated viewings may bring it all into focus some more. The incoherency will have probably been as much down to me (well, the wine) as the film - in the same way as you have to watch The Godfather films numerous times before you can't start twining the starnds together, and understanding who fits where.

The ending was done very well, great scene where she steps into court with her full punk get-up on. :hihi:

Edited by chinaski

The girl with the dragon tattoo - 9/10 We watched the subtitled version, really powerful film.

Bounty Hunter - 0/10 - utter dross, we walked out after giving it a good 40 mins. Dreadful.

Alice in Wonderland =

3D Graphics- 8/10

Tim Burton'ness - 10/10

Storyline - 2/10