Rate the last film you saw

Thanks for that I am off to see that this weekend wasnt sure about it but will give it a shot as I have read the book.

:)

It was far far better than i expected it to be, based on reviews i was ready to give it a 2/10.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Brilliant 9/10

I was prepared to be let down due to loving the book so much, and a lot of the back story and character development was missing, but I thought it was a great film. Dark and foreboding and with a star performance in the title role.

Really gripping and satisfying.

If it ever gets remade in Hollywood I think I'll give it a miss.

Just finished watching this and totally agree, a certain 9/10. However, I can see where the book would fill in a few missing gaps.

If the Bourne films are the thinking mans action movie, then this is the thinking, thinking mans action movie. If you know what I mean.

Is it part of a trilogy? I haven't any knowledge of the books.

Just finished watching this and totally agree, a certain 9/10. However, I can see where the book would fill in a few missing gaps.

If the Bourne films are the thinking mans action movie, then this is the thinking, thinking mans action movie. If you know what I mean.

Is it part of a trilogy? I haven't any knowledge of the books.

Yes. The Millennium Trilogy all written by Stieg Larsson who then died suddenly before he saw any of them published. Subsequently his Father and Brother have cashed in on his global sales whilst his long term partner got nothing due to Swedish law.

Its an intriguing tale. There are even theories that he didn't actually write the books himself (because he wasn't that good according to a work colleague) and that it was his girlfriend who wrote them all along. There have been a couple of in depth articles about him in the Observer and on the BBC website recently.

All three books have already been filmed in Swedish.

There is talk of a Hollywood remake of "Girl..."

The first book in the series is amazing. The second is the better story. The third seems rushed and ties up all the loose ends.

And even though we're only just getting the first film, the other two films have already been completed and released in the cinema and on DVD elsewhere.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Brilliant 9/10

I was prepared to be let down due to loving the book so much, and a lot of the back story and character development was missing, but I thought it was a great film. Dark and foreboding and with a star performance in the title role.

Really gripping and satisfying.

If it ever gets remade in Hollywood I think I'll give it a miss.

We were just talking about this earlier. I went into it blind having not read the book, and I went from "oh this is a cute little whodunnit, just set in Sweden" to being shocked and horrified and impressed at the same time. Think I need to see it again on my own to get another look :huh: (went with a male companion and I must say I kind of felt uncomfortable when some of the more graphic scenes came up).

(when you say title role I presume you mean the girl?! ;))

We were just talking about this earlier. I went into it blind having not read the book, and I went from "oh this is a cute little whodunnit, just set in Sweden" to being shocked and horrified and impressed at the same time. Think I need to see it again on my own to get another look :huh: (went with a male companion and I must say I kind of felt uncomfortable when some of the more graphic scenes came up).

(when you say title role I presume you mean the girl?! ;))

The audience when we went were mostly middle aged couples which seemed a weird demographic really. I know Rivelin6 was uncomfortable during a few scenes and thought it would give her nightmares. I knew what was coming (cough, ahem).;)

And yes I meant the girl. The whole trilogy is about her really. The second book is The Girl who Played with Fire and the third The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Excellent suspense thriller, spoilt by a tame ending though.

9/10

Went to see 'Old Dogs' yesterday. Wasn't bad, funny in places. Did find myself looking at my watch a couple of times, which isn't good! I'd give it 6/10 :(

2010 - an episode in stretching credibility to its limits (and beyond) - 5/10

Gran Torino 7/10 - Some poor acting in places but solid enough for the great Clint Eastwoods (possibly) last acting roll.

Provoked -- have your Kleenex ready for this one. A good film about patience & humanity. 4/5

Bounty Hunter -- predictable, funny & dragged out in parts 3/5