Rate the last film you saw

Went to the cinema to see The Wolfman. Thought it was excellent. As with all films there were a few rocky moments in it where the acting seemed a little garbage, but overall excellent. Benicio Del Torro was superb. Anthony Hopkins I was seriously dissapointed with. Still worth going to see though.

I saw Inglorious ******** on Tuesday just 3/10 from me was really very weak. Besides being historically inaccurate the storyline is rather lame promoting an eye for an eye concept of revenge.
The point of the film is that it exposes the futility of revenge.

Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) - 8/10

I've seen mixed reviews for this. I absolutely loved the book and am going to see the film but expect it to not be as good.

Tenebrae. Astonishingly violent thriller from Dario Argento. The story takes a backseat to a series of deliriously realised on-screen deaths. There is some subtext where Argento answers the charges of misogyny that had been levelled at him by some critics but it doesn't amount to anything. Regardless, this is the last word in Giallo. 9/10.

Tenebrae. Astonishingly violent thriller from Dario Argento. The story takes a backseat to a series of deliriously realised on-screen deaths. There is some subtext where Argento answers the charges of misogyny that had been levelled at him by some critics but it doesn't amount to anything. Regardless, this is the last word in Giallo. 9/10.

I love Argento's films, they are usually badly acted, dont make any sense storyline wise but are still brilliant.

Try "Profondo Rosso" and "Opera".

Isn't this film still banned in Britain? I'm sure I read somewhere that the BBFC still refuses to give it a certificate. I saw it years ago as child when it was a "video nasty"

I love Argento's films, they are usually badly acted, dont make any sense storyline wise but are still brilliant.

Try "Profondo Rosso" and "Opera".

I've seen most of his more "famous" stuff aside from 4 Flys on Grey Velvet.

The stories usually make a bit of sense but tend to be so flimsy as to be pointless, Inferno being the exception as that has no-story-whatsover.

You might already be aware but Brian De Palma who is best known for Scarface and the Untouchables did a nice sideline in copying Argento with Body Double/Sisters/Dressed To Kill/The Fury/Raising Cain. All of these are Argento films in every way* aside from the lack of dodgy English dubbing.

*bad acting/over the top music/bravau camera movement/drawn out or over the top demises

Isn't this film still banned in Britain? I'm sure I read somewhere that the BBFC still refuses to give it a certificate. I saw it years ago as child when it was a "video nasty"

Not sure. I think that mine which I've had for awhile is from the US, though amazon.co.uk are stocking what they say is an uncut version anyway.

Edited by Jonny5

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 10/10

Excellent crime/mystery film with some very dark scenes. Was gripped throughout. Looking forward to the other two films.

And on a sidenote can I say how nice it was to go watch a film where nobody talked, played with mobile phones or noisily stuffed their faces with food. Make more films 18-rated and subtitled... :D

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 10/10

Excellent crime/mystery film with some very dark scenes. Was gripped throughout. Looking forward to the other two films.

And on a sidenote can I say how nice it was to go watch a film where nobody talked, played with mobile phones or noisily stuffed their faces with food. Make more films 18-rated and subtitled... :D

Just seen Mark Kermode talking about this on News 24 and he liked it. I'm off to see it tomorrow.

The Lovely Bones - not what i expected. Some drawn out "flowery" bits but all in all very good.

7.5/10

Just seen Mark Kermode talking about this on News 24 and he liked it. I'm off to see it tomorrow.

That review from the good Dr K is here. Really looking forward to seeing Shutter Island. Legion sounds fantastic too :D .