Rate the last film you saw

Does anyone know if the new Canoe Reeves film is a remanke of the old B&W Sci-Fi film with the goofy robot, if looks like it is, and if it is does he say the famous line from the film "Klaatu Verata Nictu" ?

Yes it is a remake - changing a few elements to make it fit more with today's world (no cold war elements here, but apparantly a foucs on the environment amongst other issues). According to the latest interview I read, he will be speaking the legendary "Klaatu Barada Niktu" line.

Yes it is a remake - changing a few elements to make it fit more with today's world (no cold war elements here, but apparantly a foucs on the environment amongst other issues). According to the latest interview I read, he will be speaking the legendary "Klaatu Barada Niktu" line.

I hope they don't make an arse of it, the original is one of my favourite films.

I'm a big Chuck P fan as well and will be trying to see Choke this week though things are a bit hectic at the moment. Interesting to see the mixed reviews.

I hope they don't make an arse of it, the original is one of my favourite films.

Are you going to the Jay Jay & Tiki Monkey screening of the original next wednesday (double bill with The Blob) at 7pm at Cineworld? Details are at http://www.jayandtiki.com/index.html

(note: Tickets not available from Cineworld itself as it is a private hiring of the screen)

Changeling 9/10 as Angelina was a little wooden in parts.

Absolutely fantastic IMO. Was crying the whole way through it.

Strange but true though, the guy who played Gordon Northcott stole the show for me - he was brilliant, he was fantastically weird.

Are you going to the Jay Jay & Tiki Monkey screening of the original next wednesday (double bill with The Blob) at 7pm at Cineworld? Details are at http://www.jayandtiki.com/index.html

(note: Tickets not available from Cineworld itself as it is a private hiring of the screen)

Oooh, The Blob too, it's very tempting.

Oooh, The Blob too, it's very tempting.

I know - great double bill of B-Movie classics

Walt with Bashir - 8/10 didnt think it would be subtitled as the last one was wasn't but this didnt take anything away from the film.

Death defying acts. 7/10. Enjoyable - little sad at the end...

Only got a 7 cos parts of the acting were not very good (catherine zeta and guy pearce) and the story possibly could have been better....But gave a really good short look at Houdini's life...worth a watch

"Female Agents" AKA Femmes de l'ombre, Les starring Sophie Marceau.

It's a war film based on true events about the secret mission undertaken by a band of French service women to prevent the Nazis from uncovering the secret of the floating harbours that were essensial for the D Day landings.

It's in French with some English dialogue, but the subtitles aren't too hard going as there's quite a lot of action from the off rather than too much dialogue.

I was expecting a slow build up, but was pleasantly suprised at how quickly the action got underway.

I was pretty much hooked from the beginning and the acting is high quality, as are the action sequences.

A good movie that doesn't suffer fom Holywood cheesiness.

8/10

How to lose friends and alienate people...2/10

pretty rubbish - couple of laugh out loud moments but thats it