Missing Shannon Matthews

lets just hope they find this little lass alive & well

I just looked at Sky News on here and it is their main story so in fact the original premise of this thread that they aren't getting the coverage is b******s.

if the madeline fund is so well off financially , couldn't they help in the shannon case .

surely no one would object .

I agree with you in a way, but we have forgotten about Shannon now. Nothing nasty was said about the McCanns for the first 6 months, and the majority of the comments from the general public and from media like Sky, GMTV were all in agreement with the McCanns leaving children unattended was acceptable, which isn't IMO. The fact that Shannon was simply walking home from school when she went missing is bad enough but to leave children aged 3 and under to go out boozing is horrendous, but the Mcs went on to then visit the Pope FGS. Shannons mum has just done an appeal, and she is more distraught than either Kate or Gerry were!

I was disgusted with the way that the McCanns left their daughter on her own and even said to my partner that if the worst did happen to the poor little thing blood would be on her parents hands for such negligent behavour, I have two daughters myself 2 & 1 and I dont even like taking rubbish to the bin when my partner is at work never mind leaving them whislt having a meal, I just think sometimes the less well off look for things to drag the middle class down even when there is nothing there for them to have a go at.

Kids going missing is a terrible terrible thing and I think this report is using the missing girl as a way to have a go at the "Middle Class" which is just wrong.

I just looked at Sky News on here and it is their main story so in fact the original premise of this thread that they aren't getting the coverage is b******s.

It has only been the main strory because the Mum made a live appeal, there was no mention of her this morning. The McCanns have friends in the media who kept it in the public eye 24 hours a day for months and months.

It has only been the main strory because the Mum made a live appeal, there was no mention of her this morning. The McCanns have friends in the media who kept it in the public eye 24 hours a day for months and months.
She made the appeal with the help of the police and the media, same as McCanns did. The McCanns were more likely to befriend the media than the "Matthew" and use it to their advantage. We don't know what will happen months down the line in either case, hopefully they will be resolved by then.

does anyone think that this poor girl who is missing has not been given as much media coverage as Madeline Mcann? shurely just because there is a difference in backgrounds these two tragic events should be treated the same? I guess what im trying to say is why hasnt there been rewards offered for shannon to return safely?Didnt richard branson offer a reward? it makes me feel so sad that it seems that people from wealthy backgrounds are more important than the poorer working class people.:(

what does everyone else think?

does anyone think that this poor girl who is missing has not been given as much media coverage as Madeline Mcann? shurely just because there is a difference in backgrounds these two tragic events should be treated the same? I guess what im trying to say is why hasnt there been rewards offered for shannon to return safely?Didnt richard branson offer a reward? it makes me feel so sad that it seems that people from wealthy backgrounds are more important than the poorer working class people.:(

what does everyone else think?

I think you should read this thread.

Guest Mod_Man

I think the thread should go back to General Discussions. :)

An interesting thread but why is it in "Sheffield Discussions"?

It's not just celebs who create PR for themselves, ordinary people polish up their own consciences and egos by lighting candles, having vigils, tying yellow ribbons etc and boasting about how much they care when they aren't doing anything useful at all other than using other peoples tragedies to make themselves feel better.

Well put Darbees ! The whole business of these campaigns with their vigils and flowers sickens me as they appear designed for the emotional incontinent who appeared in the wake of the death of Diana POW and have blighted the country since. Sadly now politicians aim to win the votes of these sad characters and play to them.

The British Police have one of the best records in the world for recovering children or convicting child murderers. I suspect the best way of helping is to stay out of their way and ensure the press don't interfere in the investigation.