Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

agree about the smoking ban as a non-smoker i get fed up of being sat on my own when everybody goes outside not a prom in summer as do not mind sitting outside but no good in the winter we lost a couple of pubs a few years ago the newfield inn and potters bar

the bridge at heeley bottom only opens up a couple of nights and is only open in the daytime on match days seems a shame

The Rutland at Holmesfield has closed. Punch have a lot to answer for...

angel at grenoside is closing its doors very shortly.

where have you got this info from you r totaly wrong the angel will never shut its a freehouse and its paid for

The Rutland at Holmesfield has closed. Punch have a lot to answer for...

Punch have finally agree to stop imposing restrictive covenants on their premises, but I fear it is too little too late for some!

:mad:

Looks like Woodseats hotel is closin after xmas here it mybe a wine bar o lar de dar

It's not open that often anyway.

Where have you heard about the wine bar?

It's not open that often anyway.

Where have you heard about the wine bar?

Locals and the DJ

If it the same DJ as it was a few months ago, he is the Landlord Malc, so and it was up for sale.

I worked at whitbread on shepcote lane for 16 years,when i started in the 80's the tonnage which was going out of the door was high,during my 16 years you could visibly see the decline in the output.

Closer to me taking my redundancy the main concern was towards the off trade(shops to you & me). Then when trade team took over us, as they did stones on carlisle street they merged the 2 depots,with the closure of carlisle street.

So then you had just the 1 depot servicing the pubs instead of the 2, i myself would now prefer to drink at home,but when i was younger you couldn't keep me in,guess that what becomes of getting old & a pint going over the £3 barrier.

Been told Joseph Glover, formally the Mill at Mosborough is now closed.

Been told Joseph Glover, formally the Mill at Mosborough is now closed.

There are now 'To Let' signs on it and the place has been in darkness for the last few nights so I guess you have been told right :(

For those that are interested, The Mulberry on Arundel Gate is being refurbed for reopening, though not sure what it'll be like or if it will retain its old name. Also, directly opposite, the bar that was the DnR Bar briefly a couple of years ago, is reopening as Dulo, in place of the 'old' Dulo behind Waitrose.