Parkwood springs stories please

did'nt they have one of the pubs on parkwood springs before the malton

did'nt they have one of the pubs on parkwood springs before the malton

His grandparents did.

i can remember ian drury saying something to me about it as he went to school with me,spent a lot of time in the malton when i was a kid,cheers retep for the info

I am trying to find my mums family ... i have found her father used to live at 128 Wallace Rd Parkwood Springs around early 1900's. He was called ERNEST PARROTT. I saw on here someone mentioned a Charles Parrott having a grocery shop there ... I am thinking it could be an uncle. My mums' dad died when she was 6 in 1935 , so all knowledge of him and his family died with him. If anyone can shed some light on this family line , I would love to hear from you. My mum never remembered eonugh about that side of the family and I would love to hear about them. I am not after anything ... lol I live in Australia.Fingers crossed , someone knows about that sie of the family. Ernests parents were Charles and MAry Ann. regards, sally

Hi sally63 - welcome to the forum!.:) This seems to be the 1911 census page for Charles and Mary Ann Parrott. The address is actually No 122 Wallace Road but their children include a 13 year-old Ernest. The deaths index confirms that an Ernest Parrott died in Sheffield in 1935, aged 37.

Edited by hillsbro

5court 3house Mount Road in 1901 along with Thomas Dickinson 25-brother in law born Sheffield.

Also a James Parrott 23 at 45 Mount Road with family and father in law-William Sorsby 53 born Sheffield.

Quite right, retep! It seems that Charles and James were brothers; the 1881 census finds them with their parents and siblings at 99 Wallace Road - here is a scan.

The 1901 census entry answers the question of Charles' "sister" Emma Linley shown on the 1911 census page. She was evidently his stepsister - see here.

Hi 

I worked at Hallamshire rolling mills on Bardwell road just down from the Parkwood spring pub.

Used to also use the Malton and Gardeners rest pubs.

Did any one work in the rolling mills up to 1969

15 hours ago, John St Clair said:

Hi 

I worked at Hallamshire rolling mills on Bardwell road just down from the Parkwood spring pub.

Used to also use the Malton and Gardeners rest pubs.

Did any one work in the rolling mills up to 1969

Which mill-sheet- bar or wire.

5 hours ago, John St Clair said:

Sheet mill from 1967 to 1969

Jack Hackett worked in the sheet mill.

Anyone  remember Dereck  Dickinso.