Sheffield Half Marathon!

Hi I'm a journalism student from the University of Sheffield and am making a short news film on the Sheffield Half Marathon.

I was hoping to follow the preparations of a few people who are competing and to follow their progress in the race.

Does anyone have a particularly interesting story for competing?

Are you doing it for somebody close to you?

Were you inspired by Chariots of Fire or Run Fat Boy Run!?

Is it for a bet?!

For anyone competing I congratulate you! I know I couldn't do it in my current state!

I would love to hear everybody's stories about running in the Sheffield Half Marathon.

Feel free to private message me or continue the thread!

Thanks

Chris

If you want to grab a load of stories at once come down to the Sheffield Running Club half marathon training group at Don Valley any Tuesday at 6pm at the far end of the indoor straight at Don Valley.

nick

hmmm....probably should have put this in the sports section

MOD: Please don't post multiple threads for the same topic.

sorry :( anyone else planning on running?

I am in it but I will be walking as well as running.It is my age 70.Old and daft.:hihi::hihi:

If you want to grab a load of stories at once come down to the Sheffield Running Club half marathon training group at Don Valley any Tuesday at 6pm at the far end of the indoor straight at Don Valley.

nick

Hi Nick is it still fine to come down next Tuesday? How far do you normally run and at what pace, I think it'll help my training if I run with a group. Thanks

fantastic stuff! Will definately come to see how everyone is getting ready for the race!

Yes its still fine to come down on Tuesdays ,at least three different runs on offer ranging from 6miles to 9 miles and from 7 to 10 minute mile pace.See you next Tuesday